Why become a member? ×

admiralchew

I very rarely do NPDs but I've recently been lucky enough to get hold of a few rare, weird and wonderful pedals so thought it may be fun to showcase them here.

NewPedals.thumb.jpg.d8f6c26433a3f732293e8518e4bce68b.jpg

Moose Electronics very kindly put the Armada together for me. It’s a re-housed Pike Vulcan running at 18v using a charge pump, into a BOSS BF-3 and DD-3T. There is one power socket and the pedals each have their own in/out jacks for flexibility, or the far left and right jacks can be used as master jacks. I’ve used this combination a lot and love it so it’s great to be able to do what I want with one (very attractively painted) box.

Watching the Poirot TV show is one of my guilty pleasures so I was delighted that Celebrity Pedals put together the POIROC-2 for me. It has top jacks and an extra LPF control.

Octaves.thumb.jpg.78216d15d84e2216cc30a4101c2e93b2.jpg

I was super lucky a few weeks ago when I managed to buy the Non-Human Audio Barbenloris. Dave’s pedals are fantastic and this lovely pink monstrosity is my favourite of the bunch.

Clint at Deep Space Devices very, very kindly etched a Resurrector pedal for me showing the Nightsisters of Dathomir. I’m a Star Wars nut and I’ve been gathering Star Wars-themed pedals so I’m extremely pleased with this, especially the reactive paint (which is extremely difficult to photograph).

Finally, Steen at Caveman very kindly modified my BP-1 so that the tuner-out now runs at 12v rather than 9v. This means it can power my BC1 without the need for another source of power.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Why? NPDs are the best!

I just liked this same pic on instagram!

Haha, thanks. If I always did NPDs I would lay bare the state of my GAS and I don’t think I or the Effects thread is ready for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, admiralchew said:

Haha, thanks. If I always did NPDs I would lay bare the state of my GAS and I don’t think I or the Effects thread is ready for that.

We're ready. I will monitor the bandwidth and fire up extra servers if you pre warn me

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

So when you say “pedalboard” what you actually mean is “east wing of the house”.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Love the Poirot pun. 

Thanks. I spend an inordinate amount of time watching Poirot and like the Celebrity Pedals naming convention so I was glad to be able to think of something suitable to tie the two together.

28 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

So when you say “pedalboard” what you actually mean is “east wing of the house”.

It's funny you say that. Given most of my pedals have been in boxes since the move I've started unpacking them and putting them on boards. I have a practice board, recording board and testing board, but I've recently put four themed boards together with one more to follow (hopefully next week). I'll put photos up on the board thread if all goes well. I then have one more set of boards planned as a kind of big hurrah before finally downscaling to something approaching normal/acceptable levels so my fiancee and I can live in a house rather than a pedal fort.

32 minutes ago, ped said:

We're ready. I will monitor the bandwidth and fire up extra servers if you pre warn me

Haha, thanks. I'll hold you to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

That moose looks cool 👌

I'm very keen to try their sledhammer pedal, next on my list

Ive got one and it really is the best bass distortion ive tried.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

That moose looks cool 👌

I'm very keen to try their sledhammer pedal, next on my list

All of Moose's pedals I've tried (Dobsky, Nomad, Sundrive and Sledgehammer) have been great. If I recall correctly, the Sledgehammer is based on the Battlehammer, and that had input from Nick Williams of Dunwich Amps. Cian at Moose also kindly sprayed clearcoat over one of my pedals that was at risk of shedding lettering.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I then have one more set of boards planned as a kind of big hurrah before finally downscaling to something approaching normal/acceptable levels so my fiancee and I can live in a house rather than a pedal fort.

Shall I quote you on this in 12 months and see how it went? 

• Haha 1

All of Moose's pedals I've tried (Dobsky, Nomad, Sundrive and Sledgehammer) have been great. If I recall correctly, the Sledgehammer is based on the Battlehammer, and that had input from Nick Williams of Dunwich Amps. Cian at Moose also kindly sprayed clearcoat over one of my pedals that was at risk of shedding lettering.

Ive got a sundrive as well.

I almost went for a dobsky, but got a Jam Red Muck bass instead as the footprint was closer to what i needed

• Like 1

Just now, LukeFRC said:

Shall I quote you on this in 12 months and see how it went? 

I may not be able to hear you under all of the boxes.

I've recently put some pedals up on Reverb and have a few more to add. They will be going up at reduced prices here as soon as I can take a group photo of them.

1 minute ago, lidl e said:

Ive got a sundrive as well.

I almost went for a dobsky, but got a Jam Red Muck bass instead as the footprint was closer to what i needed

JAM make some really lovely pedals. You can't go wrong with Moose or Jam I think, so good call.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

Thanks. I spend an inordinate amount of time watching Poirot and like the Celebrity Pedals naming convention so I was glad to be able to think of something suitable to tie the two together.

It's funny you say that. Given most of my pedals have been in boxes since the move I've started unpacking them and putting them on boards. I have a practice board, recording board and testing board, but I've recently put four themed boards together with one more to follow (hopefully next week). I'll put photos up on the board thread if all goes well. I then have one more set of boards planned as a kind of big hurrah before finally downscaling to something approaching normal/acceptable levels so my fiancee and I can live in a house rather than a pedal fort.

Haha, thanks. I'll hold you to that.

I have actually reached the point where i have no more real GAS. My two boards do exactly what i want, both in different ways.

I am considering an HX one just so i can buy something!

All i really want now is a beat buddy and an empress paraeq deluxe.

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lidl e said:

I have actually reached the point where i have no more real GAS. My two boards do exactly what i want, both in different ways.

I am considering an HX one just so i can buy something!

All i really want now is a beat buddy and an empress paraeq deluxe.

I’m hoping I’m finally about there. There’s the odd pedal I’d still love to try (T-70!) but I’ve been lucky enough to try most of what I wanted to.

Messing about with pedals is my main hobby and I like pedals for pedals’ sake though so while I have a board I’m happy with, I just love how some pedals look or sound and I’ve kept those regardless of whether they get board usage.

A Beat Buddy is a great idea and I don’t think Empress have ever made a bad pedal; they are the most represented maker on my practice board.

• Like 1

I’m hoping I’m finally about there. There’s the odd pedal I’d still love to try (T-70!) but I’ve been lucky enough to try most of what I wanted to.

Messing about with pedals is my main hobby and I like pedals for pedals’ sake though so while I have a board I’m happy with, I just love how some pedals look or sound and I’ve kept those regardless of whether they get board usage.

A Beat Buddy is a great idea and I don’t think Empress have ever made a bad pedal; they are the most represented maker on my practice board.

Agreed, brother.

We'd get along for sure.

• Like 1