Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Musicman Stingray SS4MN short scale, white, £400 - *SOLD*
£400
Benfleet, Essex

Paul S

As per title - Sterling by Musicman Stingray shorty in olympic white with a white pickguard.  Scaled down Stingray body, 30" scale.  Weighs just 3.4kg/7.5lbs  Neck is lovely, rosewood board, 38mm at the nut, satin finish on the back that is really slinky to play.  No neck dive.  String spacing at bridge is 19mm, so overall the strings are relatively tapered.  Passive electronics: neo humbucker with a 3 way selector that does series/parallel or single coil.  Also some strange voodoo in the volume pot which a push/push boost.  Person I bought it from had a Gig Ink replacement pickguard in a rather striking red/black tort-type pattern which remains unfitted and comes with it.  No gig bag or case.

I've had a good look over this and can't find a single blemish or mark.  I'll give it a 9.5/10 should an electron microscope examination reveal anything.  Strung with random set of rounds from my strings drawer to replace the TI Flats I was using it with.  I say 'using it' - I gigged it twice and rehearsed with it three times, enough to come to the conclusion that it isn't for me.  Which is a shame as it is one of the most comfortable basses I have played - its only crime is that it isn't a Gibson and I have my Gibson goggles firmly in place at the moment.

Cheapest new is Thomann £719.  Don't think they do the white any more.

I am asking £400 firm, collected froom Benfleet in Essex, SS7.  20 mins east of M25 J30 (the legenary A13 - you no longer need a VISA or jabs to enter Essex) or meet up somewhere within reason.  I don't like couriers - there are pages of horror stories on this here forum.  However, if you are mainland UK and want to sort out your own courier with your own insurance at your own risk I will box it up nicely.

Any questions, holler.  Check out my feedback of which there are no less than 11 shiny pages.  Meanwhile here are some pics.

IMG_20240213_131739.thumb.jpg.9f10887ecd02775b031f2973f307eec9.jpg

IMG_20240213_131759.jpg

IMG_20240213_131827.jpg

IMG_20240213_131844.jpg

IMG_20240213_131917.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 15

On 13/02/2024 at 14:40, Paul S said:

However, if you are mainland UK and want to sort out your own courier with your own insurance at your own risk I will box it up nicely.

More than happy to box it up if you want to make the arrangements.

I’m the most recent previous owner and can confirm this is a really nice bass. Lightweight, well balanced, very comfy to play and the neck feels lovely. I custom ordered the red & black plate and it’s very striking. GLWTS

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Aran Pitter said:

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I’m still interested. I could send a courier as long as you’re happy to pack it well!  How do you want paying? I can do bank transfer. 

Really sorry, only just seen this.  I will send you a PM :) 

OK, I'll email you. Meanwhile, take a look at the top right corner of the Basschat screen - you'll see a picture of an envelope.  Yours should have a red dot by it to show you have a Private Message (PM) :) 

4 minutes ago, Aran Pitter said:

Thanks. I won’t see my emails until Monday but I’ll get it sorted then [email protected]

• Paul S changed the title to SOLD Sterling by Musicman Stingray SS4MN short scale, white, £400