Why become a member? ×

Thomann problems?

Jamison

33 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Shout out to DHL, we use them all the time for work, fast reliable and friendly drivers…. again no issues.

IME you get a completely different level of service from a delivery company when you are a business regularly sending out items, to that of a private individual waiting for their delivery.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

IME you get a completely different level of service from a delivery company when you are a business regularly sending out items, to that of a private individual waiting for their delivery.

That's because the sender is the customer, as far as the courier is concerned.  The recipient is just a data point at the end of the line, a necessary evil and about as worthy of respect as my abilities to perform BVs whilst playing bass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

Andertons, despite me not liking the bloke that does their bass videos, I have found them to be excellent especially when I changed my mind on a purchase after it was delivered, They arranged pickup FOC.

Which one, Nathan or Lee? Need more @CiciBass doing them I say.

PMT were good to buy from, BUT when I was unsure about a very recent purchase, I checked their Ts and Cs. It is down to the customer to pay for and arrange the return.

I was lucky last time I had to send something back to them that I live near one of their stores and could just drop it in. The fact that it seems to be lost in the void of their repairs department is annoying but their returns folks seem to be just as frustrated as I am about it.

3 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Yep, I’d agree with that 

6 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

As my local stores could not supply, I could not try before I bought. PMT have lots of stores but none less than 2.5 hours drive and over 200 mile round trip.  I have only returned one thing to Andertons, in about 8-10 purchases, so the cost per purchase is minimal. It is a bit like credit card fees, a cost of doing business.

Please don’t take my general comment as a criticism of you, that’s not how it’s intended. 

But I don’t think customers should expect returns to be free. 

6 hours ago, BigRedX said:

You also get better service when you go direct rather than through an intermediary. Companies like DHL and Parcelforce consider you the customer and will happily help.