Why become a member? ×

NBD - I know some BC members won't like it - but I do

Marc S

A huge, grinding bass tone indeed @Maude :) 
Still enjoying my Danelectro loads. I've rehearsed with several bands, using the bass now, and I'm still loving the sound and playability and of course, it's weight. I haven't changed strings as of yet - I quite like it the way it is.... for now. Also of note - I have hardly touched my other basses, particularly the long scale ones, since acquiring this beauty

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maude said:

Just to add to this thread.

I'm always saying on here that a Longhorns looks are deceiving, it looks like a toy, but then you plug it in and are blown away, every time. 

Well, I was relearning some tunes using Amazon Music and random linked songs continue when your chosen one finishes. A song came on and I was instantly WOW, what a bass tone. 

Then I recalled the bass player was usually seen with a Longhorn, so I assume that's what's on the recording. 

Enjoy a huge grinding bass tone. 😎

Good tune! 
I don’t remember their bassist Graham Knight using a Dano though - thought it was more often either a Jazz

or a Rick?
I was in a group that supported Marmalade in the late 70’s, a great band and really nice guys. Often 

overlooked / underrated IMO.

6 hours ago, casapete said:

Good tune! 
I don’t remember their bassist Graham Knight using a Dano though - thought it was more often either a Jazz

or a Rick?
I was in a group that supported Marmalade in the late 70’s, a great band and really nice guys. Often 

overlooked / underrated IMO.

To be honest I don't know a lot of the bands output (something I need to rectify) but any time I've seen a video of this song it's been a Dano, I think. 

Maybe not then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maude said:

To be honest I don't know a lot of the bands output (something I need to rectify) but any time I've seen a video of this song it's been a Dano, I think. 

Maybe not then.

He probably used lots of stuff then. So many of those 60’s bands dabbled with Danos, as they seemed to

be readily available and probably not too expensive! I tend to associate them more with 70’s bands such

as Sweet and Golden Earring, remember seeing them on TOTP when I was a teenager. 

The most recent stage appearance I have seen for one of these is the bass player with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.  He is tiny, so it looks huge on him.

Picture nicked off the 'net

050914_SouthsideJ_017-photo-by-Geoffrey-

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paul S said:

The most recent stage appearance I have seen for one of these is the bass player with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.  He is tiny, so it looks huge on him.

Picture nicked off the 'net

050914_SouthsideJ_017-photo-by-Geoffrey-

That's John Conte, been with The Jukes since 2008. A great player and long time Dano fan.

JohnConteDanelectroTomParr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2024 at 16:22, nilorius said:

Someone, please find a video - Flea playing on it.

Will a photo suffice? 

Flea, Eddie Vedder and Stuart Copeland. 

FB_IMG_1709504508325.jpg.12b1cad2bf14c4c7849924e15a8f4e45.jpg

• Like 1