Why become a member? ×

12 New Stingray Special Bass Colours and Bass Custom Design Announced at NAMM

drTStingray

V nice - the Bongo looks great in very bold colours - I never understood why they didn’t offer HD yellow on it (was one of a range of Stingray Special launch colours in 2018). 

The maple fretboard on a Bongo isn’t quite a first - I’ve got one (one of 67 limited edition from 2019!!) although it’s a flamed maple fretboard. 😀

On 29/01/2024 at 17:08, Eldon Tyrell said:

Looks like they have something to tempt you after all:

3 new colours for the Bongo: lime green (don't know which fancy name EBMM will give it) with maple fretboard, blood orange (with rosewood fingerboard) and one in satin grey (called titan grey)

New features: maple fretboard on the lime coloured one (first time ever, according to AJ), oil and wax finish, and stainless steel frets

2 new Darkray colours too: dark rainbow and gold bar. 

from 08:50:

Well that has fair upset me. 

Three new colours for the Bongo and they're all crap. Lime green? I'm a middle aged man with prostate issues, not a skateboard kid in a punky ska band. If it was Seafoam Green with a maple board EBMM could have my money right now. Or Fiesta Red or something else a bit more classic.

EBMM Blood Orange is essentially Cherry Sunburst ( not my thing)and Titan Grey is not my cup of tea either. What a waste. And presumably the Bongo is excluded from the custom options they are threatening for the Stingray Special. 

13 minutes ago, Misdee said:

Well that has fair upset me. 

Three new colours for the Bongo and they're all crap. Lime green? I'm a middle aged man with prostate issues, not a skateboard kid in a punky ska band. If it was Seafoam Green with a maple board EBMM could have my money right now. Or Fiesta Red or something else a bit more classic.

EBMM Blood Orange is essentially Cherry Sunburst ( not my thing)and Titan Grey is not my cup of tea either. What a waste. And presumably the Bongo is excluded from the custom options they are threatening for the Stingray Special. 

Sorry to have upset you. However, good news is that the green one is not called lime green but "mantis green". Any better? 😉 

from 1:35

23 minutes ago, Misdee said:

And presumably the Bongo is excluded from the custom options they are threatening for the Stingray Special. 

At the beginning of the video, AJ mentions that the CDE is "starting with the Stingray". So, maybe the Bongo will be next?

Meh! Editor reposted an old post. 

But while I'm here...

Taking their time with the custom thing. 

Fairly sure there's plenty of customers (particularly in the U.S.)

Who'd pay top dollar for a really nice [Insert EBMM bass of choice] with a few personal touches in terms of finish, neck finish, neck material, magnet material (Alnico/Ceramic/Neo), EQ, Hardware...

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

4 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

At the beginning of the video, AJ mentions that the CDE is "starting with the Stingray". So, maybe the Bongo will be next?

Would be nice if that's how things progress. I'd love a Bongo with a maple board and a vivid colour scheme, just not one that burns my retinas and makes me wince every time I look at it. 

4 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Sorry to have upset you. However, good news is that the green one is not called lime green but "mantis green". Any better? 😉 

from 1:35

I just watched that video. In those lighting conditions the (ahem ..) Mantis Green doesn't look quite so virulent. I  still couldn't say I like it, but it's not so bad as in the  photo. 

Another close look at some of the new Stingray Special finishes, the BFR Stingray 5 moon beam, the two new finishes for the Darkray (gold bar and dark rainbow), the green mantis Bongo, the John Myung Bongo, and the Retro 70s Stingray.

• Like 1