Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass combo's

markbunney

10 minutes ago, MartinB said:

It says the cabinets are made of balsa wood - I wonder how well they'll stand up to being thrown in the back of the van.

Possibly as part of a ply arrangement rather than just a sheet of balsa?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

Possibly as part of a ply arrangement rather than just a sheet of balsa?

From reading around on the topic, yeah I assume it must be - but you'd imagine their marketing people would want to turn that into a fancy-sounding feature like "space age lightweight multi-laminate hybrid core" 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ive always had a problem with bass want vs bass need - but cost is now the trump card.  
No ordinary mere mortal hobbyist like me can enjoy this gear at that price and I’m not even so sure that the sound you get for over a grand in a 112 combo is worth the money over a decent setup at 50% of the price.

I have the greatest respect for innovation in gear, but I have to bow out of the game now as I can’t keep up any more without getting divorced - again……😩

• Like 1

I almost picked up a MicroTube amp a little while ago. They’re beautiful amps. I’m already well amped , and caught myself just in time.

I use the e500 as a practice amp and love spinning the knobs and creating presets. 
Darkgass fan here.

• Like 1