Why become a member? ×

That Courier Question Again!

Morning folks!

I am certain this will have been asked somewhere already, (possibly by me 10 years ago haha!) so apologies in advance for the repetition!

Who do folk currently recommend for sending guitars in the UK? With full insurance for damage and loss :)

It's been asked a few times and the answers will vary with luck, region, even individual driver (e.g., my Parcelforce guy is amazing, DPD generally good, the UPS driver/depot on the other hand......)

Most people agree that Evri are to be avoided I believe 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JosephMartyn said:

With full insurance for damage and loss

Parcelforce will allow you to buy enhanced compensation for musical instruments – but musical instruments are excluded from all compensation:

"1.8 Excluded Goods means items that are excluded from all compensation cover (including without limitation, any enhanced compensation cover otherwise available to be purchased for Parcelforce Worldwide services). These include fragile goods (including ceramics, glassware, lighting, TV/PC monitors and musical instruments)" https://www.parcelforce.com/conditions-of-carriage

I assume other couriers have similar T&C.

However, if you purchase your Parcelforce service via https://www.overlandexpress.co.uk/musical-instrument-courier , then you are covered.  "We also have our own insurance that fully covers instruments against damage or loss in transit."  But read their T&C to make sure you qualify; from memory, the instrument must be in a hardcase, itself within a cardboard box, and you must take photos of the packaging  The last couple of times I've used them it was £42 for a £700 instrument and £49 for £1000.  You don't have to choose Parcelforce as your carrier when using Overland Express - they partner with some others too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1