Why become a member? ×

Sei J5 Jazz Bass - *SOLD*
£1500
North West London

pwsr90

I bought this bass from someone on here. Sorry I can't remember who.. I tried to find the original post but maybe it was too long ago and not on the site anymore. I did take a screenshot of the original post so hopefully that will help get over some info about the bass. 

I never gigged with it and according to the guy I bought it from he hadn't either. Needless to say it's in excellent condition. 

Candy Apply Red "Super J" 5 String 

Red LED fret markers (Side and front of the fingerboard), ebony (I assume), fingerboard and gold hardware. Has gold Schaller strap locks fitted. 

Basslines pickups with not-sure-who's preamp (switchable between active and passive).

Weight on the scales is 10lbs, comes with Hiscox fitted hardcase with few small scuffs but in good condition. 

There are two small holes drilled into the pick-guard probably where someone has fitted a pickup cover and on the back around the battery cover there is some discolouring of the paint. 

Would like a straight sale and not looking for trades at the moment. I won't post the bass but I am in north west London and can also drive to meet or deliver if not too far. 

Any questions please ask!

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Edited by pwsr90
  • Like 15

When you pick up a Sei jazz bass its like no other bass imo...  Among all of the previous Jazz basses I owned, Sadowsky/Suhr/Modulus/etc the Sei I had just felt like it was hand made over the others mentioned.. You just knew Martin had taken alot of time and care making it. That was my experience owning mine. They are just superb instruments. 

• Like 5

18mm 34 inch scale is the norm for Martin. Mine was. It was for sale at the gallery recently. Sold for £2000. I put the Bartolini B Axis pickups in it as you see it in the pics. It used to have old school Barts.  The bass was passive originally but a John East pre was installed.

https://thebassgallery.com/products/sei-mark-ii-5-string-jazz This bass is a bargain at £1500

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@WalMan sure I’ll take some better ones today and post them up. 

Thanks everyone else for the other input. I can confirm what @bubinga5said it really is a lovely feeling instrument. 

in terms of the string spacing and scale length that sounds right but I’ll double check. 

• 1 month later...
  • pwsr90 changed the title to Sei J5 Jazz Bass SOLD