Why become a member? ×

Lemonrock website - any good?

solo4652

My band has decided that I should look into getting us onto the Lemonrock website in order to promote the band and get more gigs. I've had a quick look at the site this morning, and I'm left wondering whether it offers that much more than a well-managed Facebook or Instagram account. I am not well-versed in social media and I may well be missing something important here. What has been other people's experience, please?

Hi, we are in Exeter and Lemonrock is really useful for advertising gigs and finding bands and venues to see.

Also a good resource for suitable venues to chase.

Plus, handy for uploading a few sample tracks for people to check out.

rick.

2 minutes ago, TRB5 said:

Hi, we are in Exeter and Lemonrock is really useful for advertising gigs and finding bands and venues to see.

Also a good resource for suitable venues to chase.

Plus, handy for uploading a few sample tracks for people to check out.

rick.

Thanks Rick.

If you are in Devon then it's a no-brainer. Devon is one of the areas where Lemonrock achieved critical mass early on. Facebook gives the impression of doing something but in the end people only go to your site if they already know you exist and you browse FB you can't really search it. Lemonrock is all about getting bookings in areas where it it strong many/most of the pub bands are on it so the music pubs ususally fill their calendar by simply contacting the bands there. If they need a band they can see who is available and if you've put up recordings and videos they can see and hear you before they ring. I've picked up 10 bookings in the last 8 weeks with no effort on my part and many of the pubs I play regularly started off as Lemonrock contacts. If you can convert your initial booking into regular re-bookings then each contact is worth £00's so the fee is modest. Lemonrock is also a gig guide so if I want some live music I can find gigs locally and LR messages hundreds of punters for every gig. You also get reports on activity on your pages, my duo had over 9,000 hits last year all either from punters or pubs looking to book.

Lemonrock isn't perfect, the sofware is a bit clunky and setting up your initial pages or entering gigs won't be as simple as it is on social media but it is run by a gigging musician and has a lot of functionality. It also offers support if you need help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Starr said:

If you are in Devon then it's a no-brainer. Devon is one of the areas where Lemonrock achieved critical mass early on. Facebook gives the impression of doing something but in the end people only go to your site if they already know you exist and you browse FB you can't really search it. Lemonrock is all about getting bookings in areas where it it strong many/most of the pub bands are on it so the music pubs ususally fill their calendar by simply contacting the bands there. If they need a band they can see who is available and if you've put up recordings and videos they can see and hear you before they ring. I've picked up 10 bookings in the last 8 weeks with no effort on my part and many of the pubs I play regularly started off as Lemonrock contacts. If you can convert your initial booking into regular re-bookings then each contact is worth £00's so the fee is modest. Lemonrock is also a gig guide so if I want some live music I can find gigs locally and LR messages hundreds of punters for every gig. You also get reports on activity on your pages, my duo had over 9,000 hits last year all either from punters or pubs looking to book.

Lemonrock isn't perfect, the sofware is a bit clunky and setting up your initial pages or entering gigs won't be as simple as it is on social media but it is run by a gigging musician and has a lot of functionality. It also offers support if you need help

Thank you for your comments. Looks like I'll be putting together a LR profile.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Lemonrock has been kicking around for years, while it can't hurt to set up a profile, I doubt that any of the things I've done in the last 15 years has come from the site.

It depends upon location so much. I've tred to persuade Mac to reach out into the real world but he's happy to hope it grows organically.

19 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

I'm in Cheshire. Apparently we don't have gigs.

I'm in Staffordshire, less than a kilometre from Warwickshire, and maybe 10km from West Midlands. None in any of those (nor Derbyshire, Leicestershire, or Nottinghamshire). You'd think that the UK's second largest city might have the occasional gig.