Why become a member? ×

Automatically switches on !

nilorius

I have had some of my Boss pedals sometimes do this, but not consistently, and in my current setup they are always disengaged when turning the power on, regardless that some of them are always on pedals for me, and that they were engaged when power was turned off.

Seems rather random to me.

Would be nice if Boss somehow could make their pedals be in the same state as they were in when power was turned off consistently when powered up, like most other pedals on the market.

That said it's not exactly that big of an issue.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

35 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

You've not done any sound limiter gigs, have you?

Yes I have. But the venue having a sound limiter has nothing to do with my pedals being either on or off when I plug them in as I don't crank my amp to gig volumes then ram a load of noise through them willy nilly, or power off my whole board mid gig then back on again for a "surprise" mix of effects that could cause volume spikes. I don't see how a venue having a sound limiter has anything to do with the issue of whether certain pedals are on or off by default when the board is powered up.

My point is a typical effects pedal can only be either on or off, there is no other state. Some people will want them all off when plugged in, others all on so the manufacturer can't win in setting the default for their products. In the grand scheme of things I just don't see how it is causing anyone an issue other than having to turn on or off whichever pedal they don't want to be off or on before they play. 

Edited by uk_lefty

4 hours ago, tauzero said:

Just get shot of the separate effects and use a multifx, the effects will all be in the right state when you switch it on.

Yeah, who could think of such a smart sujestion.