Why become a member? ×

Warwick Gnome iPro 280w

nottswarwick

So I thought I would report my findings here.  I just bought the Warwick iPro - the 280/180 watt version. Went for this over the standard one for the extra power.

Not gigged it yet, but gave it a full volume try yesterday with my new (to me) Ashdown RM112 cab - so 8 ohms.

I have to say it is very nice.  Seems to be plenty of power and weight to the sound, and I am very pleased. Gig this weekend with it. Will report back, but honestly it will be fine.  Very will built, and nice and simple

And the cab also is very nice indeed.

Cheers for now.

Chris

• Like 1

Nice one Chris, I`ve got the same, primarily as a backup/fall-back option should the sound-person not want me to do the pre-amp/amp-less thing. I`ve only used it quietly at home through an Ashdown PRO-NEO ABM210 but I thought it sounded very nice.

1 hour ago, Rayman said:

I’ll be interested in your findings in a live situation.

I shall report.

Note that I always have PA support, and would not expect a single 12" cab to dominate in a large room. The bands I work in have good musicians who play at sensible levels, so I do expect it to cover the stage for everyone, and to easily match a drummer who plays musically. Based on my findings at home, it will be fine.

I will be more curious to see how this particular brand of compact head "feels" in comparison to, say, a Littlemark amp. Of course these are 300w at 8 ohms, but having owned a couple in the past I always found them to run out of steam and heft before you would expect. We shall see.  I don't expect the well of endless power that you get from an ABM 600 or the like. The only Class D that has come close to that was a LittleMArcus 1000 watter - now that was really really powerful.

• Like 1

I also have one and have gigged mine through a Barefaced Two10 and its mighty loud and sounds fab. I'm super happy with mine and the sound it makes is excellent. I've just purchased a TC Electronics 2x8 cab for a smaller rig and it again sounds epic. I've also gigged this setup as well and it was brilliant.

My only complaints with this little head is I wish it had a speakon connection rather than a jack but its not a biggy but more so, I with it had a mute button. They are awesome little heads though and so loud.

Bass1.jpg

• Like 1

I have one that I also use with a BF Two10. The combination sounds great and plenty loud enough. I used it for the Dereham Blues Festival ,including two pub-garden gigs and it was plenty loud enough, with a nice punchy sound. It does look a bit comical perched on top of the Two10: you can hardly see it.

There is a fan but it seems to be even less intrusive than the one on the 200 watt version that I had before. It comes on quickly and the unit does get pretty hot but I have used it for several 3 hour gigs without any thermal cutout issues. On both 200 and 280 watt models,  the fan noise is nothing like as loud as on the TE Elf.

Edited by Obrienp

7 hours ago, Linus27 said:

I also have one and have gigged mine through a Barefaced Two10 and its mighty loud and sounds fab. I'm super happy with mine and the sound it makes is excellent. I've just purchased a TC Electronics 2x8 cab for a smaller rig and it again sounds epic. I've also gigged this setup as well and it was brilliant.

My only complaints with this little head is I wish it had a speakon connection rather than a jack but its not a biggy but more so, I with it had a mute button. They are awesome little heads though and so loud.

Bass1.jpg

Is the TE cab 8 ohm or 4 ohm? I’m curious to try the matching Warwick Cabs to

be fair…

• 3 months later...

Great thread.

I have ordered one to 'replace' my Warwick ProFet 5.1. Nothing wrong with it other that it weighs close on 15kg in the flight case. 

It's due back in stock 28th April. I may or may not have it in time for May 5th gig where I'll give it a spin. 

I have 2x Warwick Pro 211 cabs which are 250w per cab, and 25kg each!, so hoping for some great volume from this. 

Will report back. 

Then maybe looking at some barefaced cabs...

• Like 1