Why become a member? ×

Digbeth Preamp - couldn’t stop myself

I use one of these and I think they're outstanding. Laney should have a huge following. The Nexus amps were great (I owned an SLS for a while but changed up following an obsession with 'lighter is better' 🙄), the RBs are great (I have an RB3 at home) and now the new effects (got a Blackheath on my big board too) are killing it. And all of these at sensible price points. Props to Laney - great gear!

• Like 1

@Mornats They have responded. Said they haven't had any issues reported and then encouraged me to speak to my retailer.

That said I've recently aquired an RB9 full stack which is needing some repairs, and was impressed how easy it was to find the wiring diagrams.

30/12/23 Edit: Issue appears to be a PSU dropping out. Likely nothing wrong with the Digbeth Pre.

Edited by DocTrucker

On 13/12/2023 at 18:30, Guest said:

So true this - people might as well use a cheap guitar distortion rather than DG. 

I'm not a huge fan of the standard Darkglass sound (although I've always been able to find a decent, usable tone in most of their pedals), but to compare them to "cheap guitar distortion" is a strange comment... have you spent any time playing them or is that based on Youtube clips?

• Like 3

Update on my issue.

I think it’s my power supply. I had been using a Boss PSA adaptor which I had assumed was a premium option. It however just dropped out on my while I was playing with my recently aquired Zoom B3n. The Zoom dropped right out, but the Digbeth pre kept it's lights on.

I've swapped to the Zoom supplied adaptor for that, and will prioritise a better 9V power supply for my pedal board.

• Like 2