Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Will Lee 5, German Metroline 2022, trades - *WITHDRAWN*
£2000
Norwich

andybassdoyle

Picked this up in a trade recently. I thought I was looking for a 'superjazz' and bizarrely whilst this really does tick all the boxes in that regard I'm just not bonding with it. I think I need passive basses tbh.

Main specs are:

34 scale 19mm spacing 44mm nut

Neck is flat and wide. I like it but it's a noticeable profile let's say. I've set the bass up with a medium-low action, almost flat neck profile and restrung with new ernie ball rounds. It is ridiculously easy to play.

Pickups and bridge upgraded by the previous owner. Bart b-axis.

Lightweight - I'd have to check but it weighs significantly less than my 4 string P bass.

Will Lee pre-amp - so has the adjustable mid switch and rear dip-switches to set frequency and boost level. Sado preamp - bass/treble boost, vintage tone with active passive push/pull.

Review by Lars is here:

When the pickups have been changed I think they were wired back to front on the blend. Clockwise/forwards blends the bridge pickup and opposite for the neck. This feels the wwr to me but perhaps Sadowsky experts can confirm this is the norm? Anyway, not a biggie I just mention in the interests of full disclosure!

A screw is missing from the B string tuner. Does not affect operation in any way other than the tuner will drop out when you remove the string. I did contact Sadowsky to see if you can buy replacements but the only to the whole tuner and I haven't gotten over to screwfix for an alternative yet.

Previous owner had stickers on the neck. I have removed with 99% success. Close up you can see some marks but it is marginal at best. Fingerboard is totally clean and plays a dream.

Happy to sell but also happy to trade. Re the latter let me know what you've got, basses only though unless anyone has an Ampeg PF50T they want to px....

could poss add cash on px too….

x

IMG_2957.thumb.jpeg.ab911092f9f73cc1b531888689291724.jpeg

IMG_2956.thumb.jpeg.d52b46cbf0512528c61b577accf1ecf7.jpegIMG_2958.thumb.jpeg.29c499ddbd4e62fd870ee2f725a72cdb.jpegIMG_2960.thumb.jpeg.a41a837568eaaf52d762e3fbb0615a79.jpegIMG_2959.thumb.jpeg.cf8f8176384a96d46e7b5a62c78d592a.jpeg

Edited by andybassdoyle
change to pricing
  • Like 6

I've come over a bit funny!!!🤪

What a bass, and a finer gentleman you will not deal with.

I can also confirm that sadowsky blend pots are wired the opposite way round, as that's how Roger likes it.

Edited by lee650
  • Thanks 1

• andybassdoyle changed the title to Sadowsky Will Lee 5, German Metroline 2022 - PRICE DROP TO MOVE 1,600
  • andybassdoyle changed the title to Sadowsky Will Lee 5, German Metroline 2022, trades

Hello all, hope you had a great New Year

Still looking to move this however the pressure on a sale is no longer there. Hit me with trades up or down, I'm flexible although sorted for 4 string P and J style basses!

And btw, the missing tuner screw is now replaced. Hooray!

Cheers,

Abd

Edited by andybassdoyle
  • Like 2

• andybassdoyle changed the title to Sadowsky Will Lee 5, German Metroline 2022, withdrawn