Why become a member? ×

A monster ?

JackLondon

Interesting physics happening inside that amp too - 2400watts input gives a more than lossless 3800watts output?

With the other bits and bobs on it I think it just might fall a little short on it's claims?

[quote name='Delberthot' post='484334' date='May 10 2009, 03:10 PM']What about this?

[url="http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BVP5500.aspx"]http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BVP5500.aspx[/url]

can 4 valves really put out 550 clean watts?[/quote]
yeah a pair of 807s can put out 1000clean watts, but theres no way at all a quad of el34s/6550s/6l6gcs will do 550clean watts and last more than ten minutes

[quote name='Hamster' post='484309' date='May 10 2009, 01:56 PM']Interesting physics happening inside that amp too - 2400watts input gives a more than lossless 3800watts output?[/quote]

3600 watts is the 'peak' power. anyone's guess what the RMS power is, depending on how they measure 'peak' it could be an RMS anywhere between about 100 watts and up. companies which measure peak power usually have something to hide. also, as far as i can tell, the 550-watt 'tube' amp has a tube pre-amp, and a SS power amp.

having said that, considering no one here has actually TRIED these amps, i think we should at least give them a chance -- lest we fall into the same category of speculation we so tend to despise others for! I do like the look of some of their guitar heads, for the price, so who knows?

[quote name='escholl' post='484366' date='May 10 2009, 04:14 PM']3600 watts is the 'peak' power. anyone's guess what the RMS power is, depending on how they measure 'peak' it could be an RMS anywhere between about 100 watts and up. companies which measure peak power usually have something to hide. also, as far as i can tell, the 550-watt 'tube' amp has a tube pre-amp, and a SS power amp.

having said that, considering no one here has actually TRIED these amps, i think we should at least give them a chance -- lest we fall into the same category of speculation we so tend to despise others for! I do like the look of some of their guitar heads, for the price, so who knows?[/quote]
nah aparently it has 4 el34s/6l6s/6550s in the power amp check the bias sheet