Why become a member? ×

Bristol pubs for bands

Buddster

So we're having a band outting into Bristol center next Saturday as a scouting mission looking good pub gigs to play in Bristol. 

We're a covers band playing a mixture but mainly danceable pop/pop rock from 90s to current. 

We've done quite a few gigs outside town, but it's time to break the big time! 

Anyone got any recommendations where to have a pint and see a band? 

2 hours ago, Buddster said:

So we're having a band outting into Bristol center next Saturday as a scouting mission looking good pub gigs to play in Bristol. 

We're a covers band playing a mixture but mainly danceable pop/pop rock from 90s to current. 

We've done quite a few gigs outside town, but it's time to break the big time! 

Anyone got any recommendations where to have a pint and see a band? 

Are you based near the city? Most of the pubs use a promotions company. My band works with him and he’s good.

Happy to put you in touch if you’re close by as there are always gigs.

Also, the best gigs aren’t in the centre but in the suburbs. 

Edited by Burns-bass

5 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Most of the pubs use a promotions company. My band works with him and he’s good.

Happy to put you in touch if you’re close by as there are always gigs.

Also, the best gigs aren’t in the centre but in the suburbs. 

Yep, Brian’s got it stitched up like a kipper. Can be tricky to get in with him, but once you’re on the books, he has some really good gigs for covers bands. 

Blue Lagoon is surely the best though?

13 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Yep, Brian’s got it stitched up like a kipper. Can be tricky to get in with him, but once you’re on the books, he has some really good gigs for covers bands. 

Blue Lagoon is surely the best though?

He does indeed! Blue Lagoon is a great gig.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buddster said:

Yeah we're local, Nailsea based (sw Bristol). Interesting they use a promotion company. I guess it guarantees a quality band 

I think it’s not so much that, rather the admin of booking bands is basically shifted away from the venue so it’s one less thing for them to worry about. 

There’s some pretty good gigs WSM, Portishead and Somerset way too - PM me for details if you want. 

12 minutes ago, Jakester said:

I think it’s not so much that, rather the admin of booking bands is basically shifted away from the venue so it’s one less thing for them to worry about. 

There’s some pretty good gigs WSM, Portishead and Somerset way too - PM me for details if you want. 

I’d love that list too!

There's a load of great live venues in Bristol city centre - for a covers band I'd look at Mother's Ruin on St Nicholas Street, Mr Wolfs on Baldwin street, The Ill Repute (and possibly the Stag and Hounds - not sure how regularly they put bands on these days) on Old Market and the Bristol Stable on Canon's road on the harbourside 

Edited by TheRev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jakester said:

I might have to tap you for that list too .. I'm trying to get more gigs over this way for the ska band.