Why become a member? ×

MIJ Fender Mustang bass 2013 - new pics added - *WITHDRAWN*
£750
Leicestershire

bassbiscuits

Hello,

I’m selling my 2013 Made in Japan Fender Mustang bass. I’ve owned it since 2018 during which time it’s been periodically gigged, mainly as a back up to my P bass, but always well cared for.

Cream white, with a lovely dark rosewood fretboard. I swapped the brown tort scratchplate for a white one but will include both in the sale. 

It was set up with medium/low action by renowned Leicester luthier Howard Smith soon after I bought it and I haven’t had to tweak anything since. 

Frets are in really nice condition.

There are a couple of minor dings on the body from gigging - nothing serious or unsightly and I’ve tried to show them in the pics. Other than that it’s a really nice, clean, resonant and loud bass!

It’s currently strung with Daddario medium scale 105-50 nickel roundwounds with a decent bit of life left in them. 

It’s been a great bass which has done some good gigs in big venues with me (Butlins Minehead 70s weekenders, Bournemouth Pavilion etc) over the last couple of years but I just find I’m not using it anymore except around the house. 

Weighs in at a very comfortable 3.6kg.

Comes with a well-padded Original Gigbag Company gig bag. Bag is a little bit tatty on the inside but clean and perfectly usable.

Looking for £750 which seems pretty fair. 

Would prefer collection or meeting up, but will post within the UK at cost. No trades as I’m cutting back on kit.

I am based in South Leicestershire but travel to Derby every Wednesday if that helps. 

Cheers. 

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0507.jpeg

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0508.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 15

Chris bought a cab from me a couple of years ago and this is the very Bass he brought with him to try it out. Well, it sounded incredible in my humble opinion, plus the build quality was superb.

He is a great Guy to deal with and a credit to BC. If only I didn’t have hands like shovels & tend to struggle with shorties, I would be all over this like a shot.

GLWTS Chris, but I’m sure you won’t need it👍👍

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Pinball said:

I think I had this briefly, or one very similar. I had flats on it and remember it sounding really good. Some medium scale basses just have a great sound in the mix (like a good P bass) and mine was one of them. 

It’s probably not the exact same one - I’ve had this since 2018 from a chap down in St Albans who’d had it for a number of years before that. 

But yes - its got a character and sound that somewhere between a P and a quacky sort of J sound, but also with a character of its own. 

Im not sure whether to keep it. Its lovely but has no real role in the bands I now play in unfortunately.

Edited by bassbiscuits

Couple of new pics of the bass a) in action and b) with its original tort plate.

Also happy to include in the sale two new unopened packs of Daddario EXL160M strings that’s it’s wearing. They are medium scale to allow for the through-body stringing.

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0826.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

IMG_0717.png

IMG_5666.png

• Like 1

• bassbiscuits changed the title to MIJ Fender Mustang bass 2013 - new pics added
  • 2 weeks later...
  • bassbiscuits changed the title to WITHDRAWN - MIJ Fender Mustang bass 2013 - new pics added