Why become a member? ×

1982 JV Squier Precision Bass *** ON HOLD *** - *SOLD*
£850
St Helens

bigthumb

Reluctantly putting my MiJ 1982 JV Squier Precision bass up for sale.

Iv’e owned this for a couple of years but due to my useless back and this weighing in at 4.2Kg it’s just not getting any use now. I persevered using it at rehearsals and a couple of gigs but after twenty minutes or so my back would start complaining. If the bass was sub 4Kg I wouldn’t be selling it but it’s not getting used and it really should be.

Anyhow, the bass is in superb condition for a 41 year old. There are minor scratches here and there as expected but nothing noteworthy.

The serial number dates it to an ’82 but there is no penciled date on the neck. Also the pickups do not have the raised ‘A’ pole pieces. I have heard that not all of them did and in some cases owners would replace them as they found the raised magnets uncomfortable when playing over the pickups. If they have been replaced they’ve been replaced with quality ones with cloth covered wires as shown in the picture below. The knobs are the period correct domed ones as is the single ply white scratch plate and threaded saddles.

This bass really sounds good with rounds but I have TI flats on at the moment and it sounds killer. Personally I’m not a fan of the tension of these but I put up with them because it just sounds so good.

Frets are in excellent condition, neck has a shallow profile and extremely comfortable, nut is 42mm. Set up is spot on for me but it will go lower if that’s your thing.

It dose have a hard case (not the greatest) and shipping is possible if it’s something you wish to arrange. I’m quite happy to meet up an hour or so from here in Merseyside.

The price I’m asking is a lot lower than what I paid but I know times aren’t great and the cash would be very useful at the moment due to being out of work so no trade offers thanks.

Edited by bigthumb
  • Like 7

• bigthumb changed the title to 1982 JV Squier Precision Bass *** ON HOLD ***

They don’t stay up long do they?! Haha - I fancy getting a year of birth Bass (which is ‘82) most the Jazz’s I’ve seen from that year have been boat anchors, this is the one that I see most often from ‘82 but they’re usually £1200-1500! I’ve missed a bargain

• bigthumb changed the title to 1982 JV Squier Precision Bass *** SOLD ***