Why become a member? ×

Hello from Durham (North Carolina)

Kevin Lilley

Hello, I joined the site a few weeks ago, but spent the past week in Texas visiting family during my niece’s wedding, including a stop to Austin, spending time at Austin City Limits. I am a bass player in a blues trio with Lenny Mojo Hand G and for a Catholic Church in Durham. My number one is a 1987 Rickenbacker 4003. My backup is a 2007 Fender American Standard Precision. At church I play through an Acoustic 100 watt 15” combo and for playing out I use a Carvin MB15 with a 15” extension cab. I have been reading many of the posts and am excited to join y’all.

• Like 3

We have lots of Americans, including some who choose to live in this rain sodden hole. 
@dclaassen 

i like to think y’all come here because it’s much nicer than talkbass.com

I’ve been to the Carolinas, Labour Day 1990 on a work trip. My colleague and I had jagermeister cocktails on the beach 

just ask if anything puzzles you. It’s not a problem 

Welcome Kevin ! There’s a lot of stuff that’s popular in Europe and the UK that we simply never see in North America.

I have a retired friend from NC that comes up this way every summer. Won’t hang around here in the winter for some bizarre reason.