Why become a member? ×

Danny Bryant Rise - CD (2023) NOW £5 Posted
£10
Bournemouth

My lot supported Danny Bryant a couple of years ago at the John Peel Centre in Stowmarket.  I think he was the drummer on that occasion.  He completely ignored us, unlike the other band members, took nearly every single bit of the soundcheck time fiddling with his own IEM mix and came across as an arrogant d!ck.  

• Sad 1

• Mickeyboro changed the title to Danny Bryant Rise - CD (2023) NOW £6
On 28/11/2023 at 15:39, Paul S said:

My lot supported Danny Bryant a couple of years ago at the John Peel Centre in Stowmarket.  I think he was the drummer on that occasion.  He completely ignored us, unlike the other band members, took nearly every single bit of the soundcheck time fiddling with his own IEM mix and came across as an arrogant d!ck.  

The curse of the support band!!

On 08/12/2023 at 13:25, chris_b said:

The curse of the support band!!

I'd say it was more the curse of the arrogant d!ck.  I've done quite a few support slots and, yes, it is a given that you don't get much stage room or time for sound check time but this guy takes the gold for self-importance. :D 

• Mickeyboro changed the title to Danny Bryant Rise - CD (2023) NOW £5 Posted
  • 4 weeks later...
On 28/11/2023 at 14:55, chris_b said:

. . . . with the monster drummer Dave Raeburn.

I've played with Dave, he's a legend! 

He sat in for us on drums at a couple of practices when I was a young lad. We used to hire a practice room from him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/11/2023 at 15:39, Paul S said:

Me and my wife used to work on the crew for a well known blues festival. I would work on the stagecrew and she was in charge of the green room / issuing passes, etc. My missus hated Danny Bryant, who was just a drunk, arrogant d!ck who just had contempt for the crew and the audience.  I didn't have to deal with him as I was working another stage, but I saw a bit of his set and he was just a mediocre player and outright rude to the audience. At the end of the night, long after he had come off stage (he wasn't the headliner or anything), he was still in the dressing room being obnoxious. I had to pretty much frogmarch him out of the venue (slight exaggeration, but not much), as no one else would put up with his abuse any longer. 

A mate of mine who's a pretty good guitar player saw him live last year, thought he was cr@p and had a strange attitude onstage, and he didn't even have to meet him...! 

• Like 1