Why become a member? ×

2014 Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass - £750 - *SOLD*
£750
Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Steve_M

UPDATE 12/12/23 - SD P/Ups found and added + strings changed

Putting my long time back-up bass out to pasture as it's not getting used - and I want some new cabs! 

2014 Fender Nate Mendel P Bass - Mexican made. Purchased by me new in 2014 from GuitarGuitar. It's more worn now than it was originally and I've made various alterations over the years - you may love it or hate it!!

Candy Apple Red, ash body, maple neck, rosewood board on a very slim 'C' neck profile - more like a Jazz bass than a P in my opinion. Full deets in the images from Fenders Serial Check site.

It's completely rewired with CTS pots, Sprague orange drop cap, Switchcraft jack and Formvar wire (had a static buzz/hum from original so started again!)

Had the frets dressed as they weren't great from stock (Fender, huh? 🤷‍♂️)

Swapped the Seymour Duncan QuarterPounders (didn't like them) for stock Lindy Fralins (which I love). I still have the SD's somewhere (UPDATE 12/12/23 - FOUND 'EM!!) and if I can find them will include them in the sale - but no promises. It now sounds like an old school P Bass rather than the 'hot rock' P it was originally intended to be.

Added Hipshot Lightweight Tuners to combat the neck dive - it's quite a light instrument body so all that iron on the headstock wasn't helping the balance. Now it's sits perfectly, although the headstock looks a bit scruffy because of the old holes - but that doesn't bother me (in fact I quite like the aesthetic) 🙂

Weight now is 3.59kg / 7lb 14oz so is relatively light. For comparison my USA P Bass is 4.3kg / 9lb 4oz

It plays really well, is super light and has a great classic P tone.

Comes with the Fender branded soft case, all the documents it came with, the Foo Fighters neck plate (never fitted), thumb rest (third party) plus all the old tuners, screws and ferrules should you want the old look/weight back.

Also included is an alternate Tort pick guard I got from WD Music.

Currently strung with flats - D'Addario Chromes.

Body condition - as I stated above, it's had a few bumps along the way - not too horrible but certainly more than the factory relic it came with. I added a thumb rest years ago (included) and you can see the screw marks on the body front. I've also sanded the neck down, as is my bent, because I found the lacquer finish too grippy. 

I'm looking for £750 for this bass which I think is fair considering these are currently retailing new at around £1,300.

Not looking to trade.

Collection is preferred from Tunbridge Wells (where you can try before you buy) or meet up within reason. I hate shipping guitars but would consider at buyers risk and cost. I'd estimate that fully insured next day service with a reputable courier is about £50.

Thanks for looking 🙂

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3736.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3747.JPG

IMG_3748.JPG

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 14.00.07.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 14.01.24.png

IMG_3787.JPG

Edited by Steve_M
SD 1/4llb Pick - ups added - strings changed
  • Like 17

• Steve_M changed the title to SOLD - 2014 Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass - £750