Why become a member? ×

Re-starting. So new bass!

Telebass

Decided I'm going to actively look for gigging work again, if anyone will have me at my advanced age.

To that end, and because I just happen to have the wherewithal at the moment, I've ordered a Squier Sonic P-Bass in Cali Blue, two sets of Fender flats (the real Fender needs new strings!), a decent Speakon cable, and... a second Barefaced One10 with cover!

So, have a small, light, versatile rig that won't endanger all the metalwork in my back. Still only using the Elf, but it will give me the option of a 500W amp should I need it. Also means I can put the entire rig in a Smart Car, with room to spare. Not that I have something that small...

I know it's not quite Christmas yet, but it feels a bit like it.

Yay!

Edited by Telebass
Idiocy
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Telebass said:

Decided I'm going to actively look for gigging work again, if anyone will have me at my advanced age.

To that end, and because I just happen to have the wherewithal at the moment, I've ordered a Squier Sonic Bass in Cali Blue, two sets of Fender flats (the real Fender needs new strings!), a decent Speakon cable, and... a second Barefaced One10 with cover!

So, have a small, light, versatile rig that won't endanger all the metalwork in my back. Still only using the Elf, but it will give me the option of a 500W amp should I need it. Also means I can put the entire rig in a Smart Car, with room to spare. Not that I have something that small...

Yay!

The selfsame rig as me, though I suspect you use another amp to get 500w…

Thought of you the other night when I saw this band in Washington state. The bass could look familiar!

All the best Den. 
Mick

638D6C1B-07C8-466C-8310-D913581EEAD1.thumb.jpeg.4830092e5d38024f5a7d32591ab080af.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

The selfsame rig as me, though I suspect you use another amp to get 500w…

Thought of you the other night when I saw this band in Washington state. The bass could look familiar!

All the best Den. 
Mick

638D6C1B-07C8-466C-8310-D913581EEAD1.thumb.jpeg.4830092e5d38024f5a7d32591ab080af.jpeg

Still only have the Elf for the moment,  but that ought to be enough for what I envisage!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Telebass said:

Still only have the Elf for the moment,  but that ought to be enough for what I envisage!

Am I missing something or have you somehow found a way to wrangle 500W out of a 200W amp? Or are you talking about a future 500W amp? Sorry, not enough coffee yet...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Telebass said:

To that end, and because I just happen to have the wherewithal at the moment, I've ordered a Squier Sonic Bass in Cali Blue, two sets of Fender flats (the real Fender needs new strings!), a decent Speakon cable, and... a second Barefaced One10 with cover!

Yay!

Being a simple fellow, I’m mostly here for the pictures.  Pop some up?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Telebass said:

Yay!

Welcome back! :)

Or should I say, welcome home.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, asingardenof said:

Am I missing something or have you somehow found a way to wrangle 500W out of a 200W amp? Or are you talking about a future 500W amp? Sorry, not enough coffee yet...

Was perhaps a bit opaque there...

I meant that the two One10s could handle a 500W amp if I need the extra oomph later. Unlikely, the Elf is pretty loud through just one! I have done two full band rehearsals with just that, one was fine, the other, louder band, yes, it began to struggle without the full output. But they're still a kind of Trace Elliot waste, I keep telling myself!

16 hours ago, Telebass said:

Yay!

Squier Sonic what bass?

A P?

In any case, good luck.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1