Why become a member? ×

Offers !!!!! Original Owner 😎1977 Fender Jazz Bass, Sunburst with Maple neck all original - *SOLD*
£2600
Nr York

johnbiffa

SOLD

My bass since bought new in 1977 and done countless gigs but had little use in recent years due to my Fodera and SEI and EB3 being more appropriate for the bands I'm in. Also it is not a lightweight so anyone with an aversion to thundering bass this is not the bass for you 😎

Great condition for a 47 year old bass with no major dinks on front or back but grazes to bottom due to not always being careful !!!!. Unusual checking on rear of neck but you can't feel when playing it.

Recently had a full set up by Bass Doc and restrung with D'Addario flats (my preference as I don't slap but with steel round wounds you can get the Marcus sound with ease).

New sponge under pick ups due to perishing and replacement bullet truss rod end.

Sounds like a real 70's jazz should !!!

Comes with an as new  replacement tolex Fender case (old one did its job before the advent of robust gig bags) fender logo bridge cover and finger rest.

Any trial welcome near York through either PJB or Stoneham valve amp

Shipping included in price but pick up would be ideal.

More pics can be supplied to interested purchasers.

Feel free to make a sensible offer, you never know but don’t break my heart 🥲

DF021DC6-45F7-4BBA-B5E3-5C4188883007_1_105_c.jpeg

0D9135CE-10DD-479D-A712-3F87D9D0CC2F_1_105_c.jpeg

0E8DE5B8-93D7-4F9E-A8D4-870BA7EC59EF_1_105_c.jpeg

D4DABA8A-87B2-423B-992E-A16C4C7F0D98_1_105_c.jpeg

4D66EBF9-25EB-4577-B69E-0CBD55A0EA46_1_105_c.jpeg

56DFCB49-53F3-41AD-B7AE-73EEC6006B29_1_105_c.jpeg

10F985C4-ECD2-4F34-9C68-8B76E6E11130_1_105_c.jpeg

17BBC1D5-B8FF-499D-B252-626E628FEBC5_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by johnbiffa
Additional info and text
  • Like 18

Just now, johnbiffa said:

Good to hear from you Chris, it’s normally me looking to buy from you 😎

Hope you are well 

Very well thanks mate, hope the same's true with you. That's not only a hell of a bass but part of your life, must be tough to sell.

I bet it could tell a few stories as well :)

• Like 1

• johnbiffa changed the title to Original Owner 😎1977 Fender Jazz Bass, Sunburst with Maple neck all original

Thank you Ruairidh, it is but it seems times are hard for us bass players, anyone prepared to raid their piggy bank or buy their Christmas present for themselves early...........let me know, I might be feeling generous or if you have a Fodera Monarch P we could be talking some cash your way 🤔

Now why didn’t you tell me that before 😂, I am really downsizing the collection to basses that actually see gig time regularly and sadly this one has been at home for sometime, it does sound wonderful and currently sporting flats after it’s annual set up 😎has your name on it Andy 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, johnbiffa said:

Now why didn’t you tell me that before 😂, I am really downsizing the collection to basses that actually see gig time regularly and sadly this one has been at home for sometime, it does sound wonderful and currently sporting flats after it’s annual set up 😎has your name on it Andy 😂😂😂😂

why you dirty...

darn you sir, darn you to heck :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...