Why become a member? ×

Problem with Badass II bridge

gt4ever

I’m hoping someone might come up with a solution.  I have owned my stunning blue sparkle modulus FU4 for a couple of years now.  It plays and looks stunning but a few months ago my A and E string started to drop mid gig.  Upon investigation the screws in the saddles were loosening with vibrations from playing and the saddles were dropping.  It became a nightmare and I stopped gigging with it. 
I’ve found d out that Badass have been taken over by a company called Allparts.  I’ve been in touch with them and they can’t provide screws alone for the saddle so have to buy whole new saddles, which is crazy, but they don’t stock like for like saddles and so it would be different to the original.  I plan to sell the bass in the near future due to my current financial situation but want the problem rectified before a sale takes place and I don’t want to use different saddles.  No other screws I’ve come across fit. Help please!!!!

cheers

rich

16 hours ago, gt4ever said:

I’m talking about the tiny black hex screws that lift the saddle with 2 on each.

I think that's what Paul means too ?

But if screws don't fit then a friendly engineering workshop or machine shop might be able to use a threadfinder device to determine thread. If it's a non standard thread for some reason then you could consider retapping the holes to take a standard size.