Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Roland Micro Bass Cube RX (battery powered). Poss trade option. Drop:£115 - *SOLD*
£125
Cardiff

Marc S

NOW £115. Plus, I'm after a Fender-fit fretless neck (Pref Jazz dimensions, and lined - but WHYG?). Or possibly a Fretless bass, with cash added for the right one.

These are Cracking little micro bass amps, and are now discontinued, sadly. Can be powered by mains, or 6 x AA's - so you can get spare batteries anywhere. This one is in great condition.

Great as a small practice amp around the house - it even has a headphone socket. Also good for busking too, which I've done a few times. It has a carry handle attached.

What's really nice about these, is they have 8x sound presets, bass, middle & treble EQ, plus gain. But the effects feature really nice chorus, flanger & reverb. Even better, there's a built in drum / rhythm machine with 11 preset styles.

I'd much prefer not to post, if possible - so collection from Cardiff preferred, or could possibly meet, if I happen to be on my travels.

No trades thanks - the clear out continues....

20231001_160941~2.jpg

20231001_160956~2.jpg

20231001_161018~2.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dazed said:

What’s the output of these Marc?

It's stereo 2.5w + 2 5w 

But it's louder than that sounds, so to speak. I've played in folk jam sessions with it, in a pub, along with 4 or 5 guitarists, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, plus a drummer (using brushes) and it more than coped...

Edit: I've played alongside louder musicians who beat hell out of some makeshift drums - but it could still be heard, when placed in a shop doorway.

I also played it on a beach in West Wales, and it was fine even there.

Probably not good for metal though! Lol. 

It seems a shame that they've discontinued these, as it fills a gap in the market. 

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marc S changed the title to Roland Micro Bass Cube RX (battery powered). Poss trade option
1 hour ago, Dazed said:

Didn’t realise they were discontinued 

I didn't realise either, until I saw someone else selling one, who mentioned it.
IMO, it leaves a bit of a gap in the market, especially as these have so many built in features, incl a drum machine too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 15:58, Marc S said:

I didn't realise either, until I saw someone else selling one, who mentioned it.
IMO, it leaves a bit of a gap in the market, especially as these have so many built in features, incl a drum machine too.

Roland have decided that the Boss Katana range will do the bass stuff.

And it's really heavy and overpriced. Alas.

An absolutely cracking wee amp that as well as punching well above its weight, can run off AA batteries for 6-8h!  It was the very first bass amp I ever bought.  I 'd say the closest equivalent is the Boss Dual Cube Bass LX Portable Bass Amp ... but it's a lot more expensive!

Someone is in for a treat with this ... GLWTS!

S'manth x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2023 at 11:50, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I have one of these . Louder than you'd expect ..

Yes, I've always thought that. They're rated at 2.5w + 2 5w but are much louder than you would think. I tried a few other small battery amps- but nothing came near the volume, or sound quality of this neat little unit. 

I'm only selling, as I now have a Bose battery PA (rather more expensive than this).

• Marc S changed the title to Roland Micro Bass Cube RX (battery powered). Poss trade option. Drop:£115
  • Marc S changed the title to SOLD: Roland Micro Bass Cube RX (battery powered). Poss trade option. Drop:£115