Why become a member? ×

New Everson bass

Eversonguitars

Here's a sneak preview of my latest bass before I put it onto the website.

This is the first in a run of basses intended to be a lower cost alternative to my custom basses. By using a single body wood, passive electronics, non-angled head etc I'm able to build these much faster which means I can charge a good deal less.
It's still a completly hand made, unique, instrument mind you and I can put on many features you just wouldnt see on a mass produced instrument ( wooden cover plates, MOP inlay etc ).

Please let me know what you think, and If you want to try it out yourself then it'll be with me at the Manchester guitar show on Sunday ( 10th May )

All the best

Paul

[quote name='yorick' post='481874' date='May 7 2009, 12:54 PM']Looks good. Can i suggest a clear scratchplate instead of the wood one? :)[/quote]

I agree....dont like the wood scratchplate and the position and surround of the input jack.

Also, what is the string spacing.

Apart form the above its fantastic.

Price ?

Looks nice but I'd like to see it without any scratchplate at all and would prefer if the input (without the surround) followed the line of the control knobs, keeping it more out of the way too.
Alternatively place it appropriately on the lower side, maybe recessed or simply flush with the body.
What's the cost likely to be of this bass?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi All

Some interesting points there..

I favour a jack socket on the front mostly from struggling at gigs with putting plugged-in guitars on stands and also to avoid the million little scracthes you get around side mounted sockets because you can't see where it is and miss with the lead. But I understand it's not everyones cup of tea and I do offer side sockets as an option.

The wooden scratch plate I know is not going to please everyone, I personally try to avoid plastic at all costs - but again a scractplate is an option and I tend to only use them on planer bodies for a bit more visual interest.

The price for this bass, and it is for sale is £749

Paul

[quote name='Eversonguitars' post='482125' date='May 7 2009, 04:14 PM']Hi All

Some interesting points there..

I favour a jack socket on the front mostly from struggling at gigs with putting plugged-in guitars on stands and also to avoid the million little scracthes you get around side mounted sockets because you can't see where it is and miss with the lead. But I understand it's not everyones cup of tea and I do offer side sockets as an option.

The wooden scratch plate I know is not going to please everyone, I personally try to avoid plastic at all costs - but again a scractplate is an option and I tend to only use them on planer bodies for a bit more visual interest.

The price for this bass, and it is for sale is £749

Paul[/quote]

Interesting build - thanks for sharing it.

Just one note that I would make about the poisition of the jack socket - wouldn't it be better to seat it beneath the pots? I am thinking with a straight through jack plugged in, the trailing wire could lie in the way of the rear most pot. (I expect your wrist will be on a collision course with the cable!)

Hi all

Well I think the general consensus is people like it but not the jack socket - so 'think I'll take that onboard and shift it onto the side for the next one - which is, by the way, a single humbucker active version, RW board and walnut body ( my take on a MM if you like ).

Should be at a similar price ( £750 - £800 ) will post some pics again when finished..do drop me a line if you are interested in owning either or, for that matter, a custom build ( happy to give a free quote if you send me a spec )

all the best

Paul

Edited by Eversonguitars

• 2 weeks later...