Why become a member? ×

Audition tomorrow night

sshorepunk

Got an audition tomorrow night with a local band, not done that for a while!

I heard they were after a bass player and at the time was just kind of drifting along waiting for something, whatever something is / was. A chance conversation with the drummer, who was shocked when I said I would have a go, has resulted in a session tomorrow evening.
Three original songs, that are fairly simple, but two follow a similar chord pattern with similar bass parts recorded on the demos. They've told me they are up for some fresh ideas and that is what they are going to get, in varying degrees.

Ultimately it rests on weather I fit more than ability to play the stuff and if we can work round my prior commitments for this year

Should be fun, I'll let y'all know how I get on

Soooo glad I got a TD650 again!

Tony

May I suggest using bits of the original bassline (any wee bits that stand out or maybe just the first couple of bars of a song) & making the rest your own? I find this shows that you can work with stuff already written but have the ability to write great basslines yourself.

Tally ho & best of luck

Most of it is the origanil bass lines, with just enough to make it intersting added, will see how it goes on the night, I may push it a bit futher depending on the reaction I get, but 30 years of playing has taught me one thing, don't be a "smart arse". Cool thing is, I would like this gig, if I don't get it, it ain't gonna be a problem, enjoying my playing a lot right now, so will just wait until the next bus comes!

T

Went well last night, three original tracks and a few covers, but most of the set is own material

20 songs to learn, plus a few covers

Some good gigs waiting!!

Really pleased I picked up a TD650 a few months back, played 4 (MM stingray) & 5 (SEi Jazz) string last night, no effects just a TU2

Tony