Why become a member? ×

"Unfinished project"

rwillett

I can't get my head around having a new £350 bass, deciding to strip it because you didn't like yellow, deciding it was topo much effort after just enough effort to wreck it, but not enough to give somebody else a fighting chance of finishing it and then selling it on eBay for £120. Well it's gone now so either they changed their mind or somebody brought it.

Rob

11 hours ago, rwillett said:

...got to love eB*y: "Used: ... The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear"

Somewhere.png.03dc17808808c1514f7f8c8357e91aef.png

• Haha 1

Or, bear with me here, I have a radical idea, they could have brought this one

https://www.epiphone.com/en-GB/Electric-Bass/Newport-Bass/Cherry

Then again, I suppose they'd have then painted it badly in bright yellow.

After saying all of this, I have an Ibanez Mikro that looks like somebody (not me) used it for a shovel and pick axe on a building site. Even though it looks like crap, it sounds really, really good, I have no idea how, but it's a great growly tone on it.  So I thought I'd get somebody to look at the neck, I'll then sort the body out, it stands me at virtually nothing, so will be fun. I can see the sander coming out, it will have to be reliced (is that really a word?) as the thickness of the paint/plastic/covering is very thick, circa 1mm, so can't be easily repainted. With my skills, it'll be on eBay in a few weeks as I rage quite on it :)

Rob