Why become a member? ×

'90 Warwick Streamer Ltd Ed 4 string

warwickhunt

[quote name='lscolman' post='481228' date='May 6 2009, 05:40 PM']Selling all these Warwick's , will you still be able to retain that user ID?

What's the action like on this one?

Cheers, Lee[/quote]

Oh I can still rightfully be named WH... My Mrs reckons I am any way! :)

The action on this is low/medium low as it is strung with flatwounds but the neck can be set ram-rod straight if you want the action right down and you play with a light touch. I should add that I have a few sets of brand new round wound strings if a prospective new owners wants the bass set up with those instead (though you'd have to describe how you play; do you really dig in or do you have a light touch etc.).

• 1 month later...

Mates rates? :)

Seriously though, both the ’88 SSII and this are absolutely stunning. It’s painful hopelessly watching them up for sale without the means to acquire either. Hope they go to a good home.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Rayman' post='628051' date='Oct 16 2009, 03:21 PM']Certainly is....wish I had the cash :) .[/quote]

Hi there mike from Cardiff here-these flatwound strings, which surprise I cannot buy in Cardiff,
do they effect the neck in any way?
I must admit your bass looks amazing-I tried one for the first time 6 months ago- it was a
warick streamer and the action was just low and it was just so easy to play.
Ah yes I just realised- are your strings extra long?
sorry to ramble logicalmike

[quote name='logicalmike' post='634567' date='Oct 23 2009, 04:07 PM']Hi there mike from Cardiff here-these flatwound strings, which surprise I cannot buy in Cardiff,
do they effect the neck in any way?
I must admit your bass looks amazing-I tried one for the first time 6 months ago- it was a
warick streamer and the action was just low and it was just so easy to play.
Ah yes I just realised- are your strings extra long?
sorry to ramble logicalmike[/quote]

Strings are standard length, not extra long and they in no way affect the neck; not that it should matter anyway as that is what the truss rod is there for!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='636341' date='Oct 25 2009, 06:08 PM']YES... stop looking and at least come and give it a try; you might hate it! :rolleyes: :)[/quote]

Isn't Rowlands Gill near Wylam? I might have to pop in during a journey home from work (without the wife's knowledge of course!).

[quote name='Chris2112' post='636347' date='Oct 25 2009, 06:18 PM']Isn't Rowlands Gill near Wylam? I might have to pop in during a journey home from work (without the wife's knowledge of course!).[/quote]

I was gigging over Rowlands Gill way but I actually live near the coast! :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='690228' date='Dec 20 2009, 10:30 PM']I don't like figured wood so it's not for me, but I love Warwicks and I bet that is about as good a bass as any. Surprised it hasn't gone yet.[/quote]

I've had a bit of interest but as with past enquirers, when it comes down to committing and actually parting with readies, things go a bit cool! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='691770' date='Dec 22 2009, 08:01 PM']How much for it in a binbag taken home in the back of my car? :)

Glad the Zon has sold, that was a beautiful bass too! As it happens, I'm currently trying to decide whether or not I should buy a fretless Warwick Fortress bass that I have my eye on![/quote]

Even my binbags are 'special'! However mates rates if you collect. :lol: :rolleyes:

Unusual to see a fretless Fortress; is it the one with the 2-Tek bridge or the later version.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='691778' date='Dec 22 2009, 08:07 PM']Even my binbags are 'special'! However mates rates if you collect. :rolleyes: :)

Unusual to see a fretless Fortress; is it the one with the 2-Tek bridge or the later version.[/quote]

Well, its a two piece bridge as you'd see on most Warwicks, if that is the 2-Tek! I think it's a 1990 model.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='691786' date='Dec 22 2009, 08:17 PM']Well, its a two piece bridge as you'd see on most Warwicks, if that is the 2-Tek! I think it's a 1990 model.[/quote]

No the 2-Tek was a bit of kit that was non-Warwick. Weighed about 2lb on it's own and had individual 'tone-fingers' rather than one bridge; Michael Anthony had them fitted to his Sterling basses for a while.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='691798' date='Dec 22 2009, 08:28 PM']Hmm, must just be a standard bridge. Looks like a nice bass though, just not sure if I should pull the trigger or not since I need a fretless![/quote]

I know someone looking to sell a BO Streamer Pro M fretless (mid 90's bass I think). I'm not sure of your budget but he's unlikely to give it away knowing him! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='691802' date='Dec 22 2009, 08:32 PM']I know someone looking to sell a BO Streamer Pro M fretless (mid 90's bass I think). I'm not sure of your budget but he's unlikely to give it away knowing him! :)[/quote]

Hmm....would you mind PM'ing me a few details anyway? I'd love a fretless Streamer!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='691767' date='Dec 22 2009, 07:59 PM']The bass is now only available with the Gator hard-case (the JT gigbag went with the Zon) and @ £1115 delivered in the UK[/quote]

Having further cleared out some stuff I've now found a decent quality padded Warwick gigbag that I forgot that I had, so £1050 collected (with the gigbag) or £1085 UK delivered (in the gigbag and double boxed). :)