Why become a member? ×

Ech, another Aussie

churchofamon

Hey all,

I'm back to playing Bass after being a guitar pretender for a couple decades. I started learning on bass when I was 17, was in a house with a couple musicians until I was about 21, and then moved out on my own and that's when the guitar started. Playing Bass again feels like coming home, and it feels good.

Currently main bass is an Ibanez SR500, and I also play a Yamaha BB614 fretless that I adore. Have a Ray34 on the way, a childhood "want" inspired by players like Simon Gallup, Al Doughty, Flea and Louis Johnson (and I can't afford "the real thing".)

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, churchofamon said:

Hey all,

I'm back to playing Bass after being a guitar pretender for a couple decades. I started learning on bass when I was 17, was in a house with a couple musicians until I was about 21, and then moved out on my own and that's when the guitar started. Playing Bass again feels like coming home, and it feels good.

Currently main bass is an Ibanez SR500, and I also play a Yamaha BB614 fretless that I adore. Have a Ray34 on the way, a childhood "want" inspired by players like Simon Gallup, Al Doughty, Flea and Louis Johnson (and I can't afford "the real thing".)

Cheers!

Greetings from across the globe!  I'm a newbie on BC, too (but long in the tooth) - I hope you find, as I have here already, some new friends and maybe some new info, about everything bassic (!)

Edited by sandy_r
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, churchofamon said:

Hey all,

Cheers!

At least you’re no longer a gui-tard 

welcome to the light 

• Haha 1