Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB734a Custom Colour - *SOLD*
£400
Wallasey, Wirral

DannyBrerro

This is a bass with a bit of story..

Bought from here with some damage, looked like it had been dropped and landed on the control knobs so there were some quite nasty cracks the wood. It came up around the time I was lusting for one of these like mad so I pulled the trigger with a view to repairing it.

Long story short it didn't go so well and I ended up stripping all the paint off, taking the bass apart and leaving it in bits in my spare room for about 3 years. I was mentioning it to a mate at a gig who sprays cars I'd showed him the Fender Boxer precision in green and told him that's what I had envisioned for it, colour scheme wise, and he offered to take a look at it for me. So I gave it over to him and got it back about a week later with an amazing refinish. I think it's done in Ford's blue wave colour which is one of those colours that's a bit tough to photograph but looks great. 

You can still slightly see between a couple of the knobs where the damage was but its solid now, and a few other bits and bobs aren't completely perfect, there is a couple of chips from the end of the fretboard where I got the truss rod cover out.

I still have the scratch plate somewhere I'll have to dig it out but I left it off at first to save the screw holes going back in.

It's working fine and sounding great, could do with a set up and a new set of strings but if you're looking for something a bit different this might be for you.

It's currently at my parents so next time I'm there I'll grab a few more photos as I only have the one at the moment.

IMG_8350.jpeg

Edited by DannyBrerro
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...
  • DannyBrerro changed the title to Yamaha BB734a Custom Colour SOLD