Why become a member? ×

Washburn Status Series 1000 modified price reduction £600 - *WITHDRAWN*
£750
Poole Dorset

Well, this is my first ‘proper’ Bass purchased by myself way back in 1989 from Macaris in Denmark Street.  It has been my go to bass over 90% of gigs.and never let me down .

Regarding the modifications

This Bass is now PASSIVE and NO LONGER NEEDS BATTERY. The volume and tone buttons don't do anything and step ( clicks when adjusting volume , bass and treble ) are no longer there . Just plug'n'play . 
I got Graham Noden of Denmark Street  at the time to remove the active circuitry., due to radio interference and crackles etc.
The bass still sounds very powerful , and not too bright sounding .  Ideal for all band situations . 

I even recorded an ep in one of my rock covers bands should you wish to hear it. 🙀. Oh , and the Bass has a switch  craft jack replacing the fragile one of old .Again done by Graham Noden. 

Having said all that , the Bass still sounds amazing , still teangy with new strings  and still very weighty in sound . Speaking of weight , it weighs around 4kg/ 9lbs ..about the same as a typical fender . This is probably down to the rich American walnut body .

The mods here have made things easier and more robust imho, and no more batteries to worry about .is surely a good thing .

The bass is in very good condition for its age imho. A few marks etc  as one would expect . 
A quality bass ,with a rich American walnut body . 

It comes with a gig bag which is usable  just . Price not set in stone, but they don't seem to be around much these days .

I still have original Washburn strap and strap locks somewhere. 

I have never shipped a bass. I could if you’re serious, purchase a couple of Bass Guitar Boxes from the Amazon and you could arrange for your own courier , but I'd rather not .
Uk only 

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

IMG_3338.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE
  • Like 9

• RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE changed the title to Washburn Status Series 1000 modified sale / trade price reduction
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I think I'll update . .

Nice bass with modifications .  Modifications may not be everyone's cup of tea ️ and some may think bass is devalued. Because of it 

Times not so hard🤞, and I think ithe best thing is to just forget about it . 
The reason I thought about an Ibanez headless , is because of the weight . This is Rich American Walnut = Heavy .

Proper bass quality l  Niot sure if 'Made in Indonesia ' is as good 🤔

I'll forget abiut this listing , and  will probably keep it , 

I'll leave it there 😬...

Wise move...sell it now and you'll kick yourself in 5 years time. You'll want to buy it back by which time they'll be £1,000. You'll tell people that you had one, sold it for virtually nothing and sound like that Monty Python sketch...."I remember when..."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Wise move...sell it now and you'll kick yourself in 5 years time. You'll want to buy it back by which time they'll be £1,000. You'll tell people that you had one, sold it for virtually nothing and sound like that Monty Python sketch...."I remember when..."

Thank you sir ! Trimming the herd can be problematic , and  I have enough stuff to keep me busy 😼👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2023 at 13:20, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Well, this is my first ‘proper’ Bass purchased by myself way back in 1989 from Macaris in Denmark Street.  It has been my go to bass over 90% of my and its lifetime. 
It has played stuff from Mustang Sally ,pretty  Vacant , and I will survive . 

A lot of people who have their first proper bass normally keep it . Some stick to just one . All good . 
so why am I thinking of moving this on ; well I’m not using it much if at all since getting synths etc . I won’t be gigging and maybe 🤔 it’s time to let it be used to its full potential again .

Now , regarding the modifications: 

This Bass is now PASSIVE and NO LONGER NEEDS BATTERY. The volume and tone buttons don't do anything and step ( clicks when adjusting volume , bass and treble ) are no longer there . Just plug'n'play . 
I got annoyed with the orders of kebabs being picked up when rehearsing in Alaska Studios in Waterloo many years ago, and Graham Noden formerly of Denmark Street gave me the option of removing the active circuitry. He was right in what he said , in that in the ‘80s there was a massive influx of active circuitry more or less just for the sake of it . 
As a side note ; when it had the active circuitry a few of the bands I was in at the time never liked the brightness.

” Can you turn it down! “ 🗣️okay but mr guitar was deafening anyway 😬

Having said all that , the bands  since liked the sound after it was doctored.

I even recorded an ep in one of my covers bands should you wish to hear it. 🙀. This bass is still very loud and powerful.  Oh , and the Bass has a swift craft jack replacing the fragile one of old .Again done by Graham Noden.

Having said all that , the Bass still sounds amazing , and not much reduction in treble at all. I fitted a new set of Status Strings which sound Clangy. You can sound like a slinky falling down uncarpeted stairs should you want to .Not much effort needed.

(Apologies to slappers everywhere)

The bass is in very good condition for its age imho. A few marks etc but like me, it’s been through a lot 😺It needs a setup . 

It comes with a gig bag which is usable  just . Price not set in stornr , but they don't seem to be around much these days .

I still have original Washburn strap and strap looks somewhere. Washed once

I may keep it , but at the moment I’m my user name using synths recording SoundCloud noises which I find more interesting. 

Trades? Well( incase I made a mistake), Ibanez headless ( straight swap ? Synth gear ? , or badtz Marou Short scale with cash my way .maybe a squier mustang and cash my way etc . Maybe a MacBook m1/2 ? 5 string considered also . 

I have never shipped a bass. I could if you’re serious, purchase a couple of Bass Guitar Boxes from the Amazon and you could arrange for your own courier to collect and do their business at your cost .
Look forward to your input 

Thanks for loooking

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

IMG_3338.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg