Why become a member? ×

Selling on Reverb but not using Packlink?

Until now, for everything I have sold on Reverb I have used Packlink to book the courier, however I have sold an amp which due to the size and weight would be better to send via parcelforce.

For other sales, the payout has been triggered for the end of the day once the shipping label is bought on packlink. How does it work when packlink isn't used? Does entering the tracking number trigger the payout?

I've sold quite a bit on Reverb and never used Packlink, haven't had an issue with payment at all. I always put the tracking number (usually Royal Mail) in as a matter of habit and record keeping though so I don't know if this is the payment trigger or not. I'd guess whoever you send with will give you some kind of tracking.

• Thanks 1

i was selling something on ebay, and a guy got intouch saying he could not buy from ebay for some reason, and would i sell it on reverb as he can buy from there, so i signed up just to sus it out and was a bit woried of the payout system in that i had to send the stuff before i was paid,

i didnt like that, so i left it, but seems thats the way it works, can anyone explain how it works more clearly and the pitfalls if any please ?

cheers

I'd be more concerned about the buyer than Reverb, unless he knows a trick to scam sellers on Reverb and eBay have already figured him out??

I've never had an issue with Reverb.  I haven't heard horror stories about them favouring the buyer in dispute like eBay does, so I wouldn't worry about that.  But yeah, i'd definitely want to know more about that buyer before selling to him!