Why become a member? ×

HELP! What do you call these velcro cable tidy/tie things?

kwmlondon

Hi. Can anyone help? I've had a couple of nice quality cables recently that have come with these velcro tidy things and they're brilliant. I'd like to get a few more to tidy up all my other cables but I don't know how to find them. Does anyone know what they're called? I've tried searching eBay and amazon but not found any like this - they're all just sort of like velcro cable ties. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers!

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8511.jpeg

7 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Aldi or Lidl do packs of 50 / 100 for a few quid on their fabled centre isle, might be worth a look... just step away from the cheap screwdriver sets!  ;)

I have to avoid that isle - I am weak and suggestible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

they're usually just called velcro cable ties (sometimes hook and loop ties as velcro is a trademark).,

I make my own using double sided velcro tape which i fix on with a jeans rivet, I can take some pics when i get home if you want.

Matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt P said:

they're usually just called velcro cable ties (sometimes hook and loop ties as velcro is a trademark).,

I make my own using double sided velcro tape which i fix on with a jeans rivet, I can take some pics when i get home if you want.

Matt

Oh yes please! 

Try these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Adjustable-Reusable-Cable-Straps/dp/B083K8M8Y1/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=GCZJU48Z38UD&keywords=velcro+cable+ties&qid=1692017009&sprefix=velcro+%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

The amount seems pretty big in the first phase, but after you have met your bandmates, found strange cable heaps, abd talked to your neighbours, the package is used very quickly.

• Thanks 1

i've tried those cheap type before, they were usually made of 2 layers stuck together, after a while the ones i had the adhesive went soft and they spread stickyness all over the cables.

the Velcro branded stuff i use is made in a single part so no glue to get everywhere.

I use this stuff, I have a 5m roll of 30mm wide for bigger jobs and a 25m roll of the 10mm wide one which is perfect for most cables, i like that it is easily cut to exactly the length required.

Velcro tie

i'll take some photos of my usual configuration tonight.

• Like 2

apologies for not getting this sooner,

this is how i have my cable ties, the studs are jeans studs from eBay (prym branded) they come with a tool that you hit with a hammer to set them, i swapped to a pliers type tool as it's quieter for fitting them after my son's bedtime. the hole punch is a regular leather type one and i just use the smallest option.

wrap the end of the tie round, punch a hole through the 2 parts then fit the stud, i usually don't cut it off the roll till i've fitted it, then i can wrap the tie round and cut to the exact length

1.JPG

b.JPG

a.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kwmlondon said:

That’s tidy!!!

thanks, i originally used case logic velcro ties but no matter how careful i was they went missing, a friend discovered the velcro wrap in B&q so that solved the issue (they might still sell it but i buy in bulk now)

Matt

• Like 1