Why become a member? ×

1/4" patchbay that can take speaker output?

How much power do you want push through it? I'd say no, or modify the lines accordingly: 1.0 - 1.5 mm2 wires to the power lines, neat soldering, and everything well marked.

Because err is so human, it might be feasible to have a separate power patch bay. Speakons...

Standard jack normalised patch bay? How are the connections made at the back? Hardwired or jack sockets?

Personally I wouldn't risk it. There's always the chance that you'll plug in something inappropriate, or you'll create a short with half-inserted plugs.

If you want the connections in an accessible place use a single row blank patch panel and populate it with Speakon connectors and label them clearly. Then use appropriate cables to make up all the connections.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

Standard jack normalised patch bay? How are the connections made at the back? Hardwired or jack sockets?

Personally I wouldn't risk it. There's always the chance that you'll plug in something inappropriate, or you'll create a short with half-inserted plugs.

If you want the connections in an accessible place use a single row blank patch panel and populate it with Speakon connectors and label them clearly. Then use appropriate cables to make up all the connections.

this is what i think im gonna have to do speakons and then hardwired leads out the back

I built my own 2-way selector with a large Hammond box and a mains toggle switch. A 3-way would obviously need a switch like the unit @Doctor J has but other than needing the appropriate drill bits it was very straightforward.

And a good excuse to break out the soldering iron, as always :)