Why become a member? ×

Precision style bass options

BillB

Is there a DXF of the headstock floating about (I can buy one off electric herald)? Only I have a laser cutter and waterjet at work so could do a nice template to bolt through the machine head holes and route with a bearing follower.

3 minutes ago, BillB said:

Is there a DXF of the headstock floating about

You can convert PDF to DXF easily enough with some of the free online services.

I was going to get a load of MDF templates made that way so might still have the .dxf file someplace, will have a look for you 👍

3 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

You can convert PDF to DXF easily enough with some of the free online services.

I was going to get a load of MDF templates made that way so might still have the .dxf file someplace, will have a look for you 👍

If you find it that would be appreciated.

So, got it home:

20230803_221422.thumb.jpg.a4887b5392a3325f65026dae16648c58.jpg

the wife has named it Roary after the racing car cartoon. I see her point, don't like the colour, but £60 I can't complain. Thinking of refinishing in Olympic white with a tort guard to match my tele, ir possibly trying to chamber the body like a thinline.

Also wondering if there is a lefty out there fancy swapping necks to do the inverted headstock/Dusty Hill look.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
On 02/08/2023 at 21:33, BillB said:

Is there a DXF of the headstock floating about (I can buy one off electric herald)? Only I have a laser cutter and waterjet at work so could do a nice template to bolt through the machine head holes and route with a bearing follower.

@BillBdid you ever manage to make the template?  

Edited by police squad

@police squad

I fitted dowels to the Mk1 templates sent out to BC members, stopped after discovering nobody was using routers 😅

Dead easy to make, shape your template and position it on the rear of the peghead. Then it's just a dot of glue end of the dowel before dropping through the tuning peg hole.

imageproxy.jpg.422f7ae45bdbf493763f0dbfb44f1b2b.jpg

22 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

@police squad

I fitted dowels to the Mk1 templates sent out to BC members, stopped after discovering nobody was using routers 😅

Dead easy to make, shape your template and position it on the rear of the peghead. Then it's just a dot of glue end of the dowel before dropping through the tuning peg hole.

imageproxy.jpg.422f7ae45bdbf493763f0dbfb44f1b2b.jpg

what did you make the template out of?

On 29/07/2023 at 10:23, neepheid said:

G&L Tribute LB-100 - can be had for as little as £350 new on a deal and will kick a Squier P at a similar price point into the middle of next week IMO.

Good grief! I'm getting one of them right now! That's outrageous!