Why become a member? ×

Hi from the South Coast

BillB

Hi All

Noob here from near Portsmouth. I play bad enthusuastic guitar and played bass a bit maybe 15-20 years ago, and fancy another crack at it. So I'm looking for a used precision type bass (wide fat neck for big fat fingers) to restart my bass journey. I do like the look if the Squire 50s precision, but then you are not that far financially from a fender player Precision. Then the telecaster bass looks cool too (the Mrs thought that looked pretty) so many choices.

I've built an assembled a few guitars over the years (I have an '89 Squire tele I bought in the mid 90s, I think the neck and tuners is all that is original). So I could buy a neck and build something up (thinline 50s P-bass, natural wood???).

So many options. Couple of pics of my guitars, cos everyone likes gear pics!

20210405_200246.jpg

20210506_215635.jpg

• Like 3

If near Portsmouth is also near Waterlooville, you're welcome to dive over and try out some options. I have a few Squiers and bitsas you can try and get a feel for what you might want. That might guide you in your search for your bass.

Edited by Steve Browning