Why become a member? ×

Parcelforce delays

oldslapper

Anyone else waiting for a Parcelforce delivery that’s overdue? 

Waiting for a NBD. 3 days overdue.

The tracking showing it was picked up and delivered to Hub, but notification stating that it’s stuck there for a number of reasons around staffing/strikes/wrong kind of snow on the lines. 

The seller is more anxious than I am. Nothing I can do about it, and I’ve discovered that anger has no influence over delivery speed.

I was lucky too a few days ago, PF 48 arrived spot on 2 days after collection with no issues.

They were pushing it a bit on collection though, it was supposed to be collected from me between 9am and 5pm, I was getting concerned when they didn't rock up by 5,  in the end it was collected about 5.50 by a plain white van guy rather than the usual red royal mail van. He had the label & paperwork so wasn't too fussed, I guess they're sub contracting some of their stuff now? 

11 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I was lucky too a few days ago, PF 48 arrived spot on 2 days after collection with no issues.

They were pushing it a bit on collection though, it was supposed to be collected from me between 9am and 5pm, I was getting concerned when they didn't rock up by 5,  in the end it was collected about 5.50 by a plain white van guy rather than the usual red royal mail van. He had the label & paperwork so wasn't too fussed, I guess they're sub contracting some of their stuff now? 

Hmm..You are so radical, someone can not like it, in future !😬

11 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

white van guy rather than the usual red royal mail van. He had the label & paperwork so wasn't too fussed, I guess they're sub contracting some of their stuff now? 

They hire vans quite a lot around these parts, which then tend to be white.

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

They hire vans quite a lot around these parts, which then tend to be white.

It's a while since I had a previous parcelforce collection, they were always red signed vans and uniformed guys, I'd say this chap was a subby bloke with his own van.. still, no prob as it was collected and delivered OK so all good

I’ve been getting some misery from Can Post. Waiting for a little Aguilar amp from the US. It spent six days in Customs , and is now apparently on the way.

So maybe mid next week…

Well after posting about great service and no delays....I posted a bass out on Monday,Parcelforce 24. Picked up from my house in the afternoon and I followed it on the tracker over the next 24 hours. It arrived in Liverpool and an attempt to deliver was made late afternoon! Message from the guy who was waiting in for it saying check the tracker...It's been sent to the local depot! Someone stupid (me) had put down the wrong property number and they could not deliver it (thankfully) Anyway much e mails,messages and the likes and still no further forward. I managed to get the proper number added and then it was marked to be redirected. It never went out the next day..or the next and now (Friday) it's in a depot in Liverpool and has been assigned to it's delivery route in preparation for our driver taking it out for delivery! God knows when that will be as on the website they mentioned delays all over the country! Seems my luck has run out! I sold the bass on e bay and have been in touch and spoken on the phone to the buyer who is very understanding...up to now! Just have to play the waiting game and if all else fails cancel the sale and try and get it redirected back to me!! It may be an early Christmas present!!!

Despite me contacting them on Tuesday with the proper house number they still tried to deliver to wrong address this afternoon that's why they called me up.Its back in the depot awaiting delivery again! They have marked that the address issue has been resolved. I bloody hope so.