Why become a member? ×

The end of Acoustic Image?

On 25/06/2023 at 18:33, Richard Jinman said:

I’ve read that Rick Jones’ family has decided to close AI. That would punch a very big hole in the DB amplification market. I guess there’s the wildly expensive AER amps… any other ‘acoustic DB just louder’ solutions out there? 

Just looked on the Gollihur Music site and they've got all 4 of the AI heads on sale with a special disclaimer that no warranty is available. I'm tempted nonethless although the 'sale' prices aren't that great once you factor in the high value of the US $ and any import duties. 

2 minutes ago, Richard Jinman said:

Just looked on the Gollihur Music site and they've got all 4 of the AI heads on sale with a special disclaimer that no warranty is available. I'm tempted nonethless although the 'sale' prices aren't that great once you factor in the high value of the US $ and any import duties. 

Interestingly, Gollihur says both AI speakers - upshot and double shot - are 'unavailable due to the closure of Acoustic Image'. I guess AI had no stock of those. All very sad. 

• 1 month later...

Sad to hear of Rick Jones’ passing, I’m very pleased with my AI doubleshot and was wondering why Thomson no longer stocked the AI heads I was browsing for. Good to hear the schematics are intended for release. 

Edited by Kevsy71