Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cheap loop bypass pedals

MrDinsdale

Hey!

Looking a slightly more complex pedalboard setup and it'd be really handy to have a couple of loops i can quickly turn on/off. Nothing fancy, no clean blend or anything like that, just small profile single loop.

There are some cheap options on amazon but wondered if anyone had experience using them? I think the power supply is just for the on/off light.

Any thoughts on these or other options would be great!

https://amzn.eu/d/2Z4XlRR

I've had a Boss LS-2 forever. It just works great. Sometimes I use just a single loop to turn on 2 or 3 at once in a single loop, sometimes I put different things in each loop, and sometimes I use it as a clean blend.

It's the least exciting pedal in the world, but it's so useful! And it's a Boss so if you buy a new one you can leave it to the next generation in your Will. It will still be working just fine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Well it escalated and now I'm looking at the Boss ES-5. This is what happens when we go a month without a band practice or gig 😂

...and when you spend 5 mins on BC!

I made my own -- still trying to work out how to shoehorn a blend control and phase switch into it :) -- but I do like the look of the cheapy Amazon one, and the Swift. I'd go with either of them, for a simple setup. Which it's obviously not, if you're looking at the ES5..! :lol: 

• Like 1