Why become a member? ×

Tokai Thunderbird Bass
£200
Liverpool

StuarDaddy

I have a Tokai Thunderbird bass, not sure on year so have put the serial on the photos if anyone knows, I’m assuming it’s Indonesia or China made. It’s actually in great condition and has absolutely monstrous pickups. I only bought it cos I’ve always wanted to have one, impossible to gig with in my opinion but aren’t all thunderbirds, I end up with a sore neck and back holding it up. But sat down at home or in studio it’s loads of fun for a really heavy sound. Prefer this to the Epiphone ones and this was cheaper than an Epi. Paid £220 a few years ago, happy to take £200 now. Need the space for moving home. No case as they don’t fit in anything! Might want to swap the strap pins as they’re for a strap lock that isn’t a schaller like my others.

Any questions just let me know 👍

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

IMG_0435.jpeg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, petecarlton said:

Very tempting.  I don't know about the serial number, but I was under the impression that Tokai basses were made in Japan.  Did they outsource too?

It has another serial number very feint below that main one too. I have no idea myself but thought it best to put it on. I assume its early 2000s? maybe late 90s at a push and probably made in China

I’ve recently bought an EPI Classic T’bird. The strap button is on the neck heel as stock and it has zero neck dive. Not gigged it yet but feels really comfortable. So the ergonomics issues on this one might be solved by a simple swap of strap button position. Have to add that mine is ridiculously light at just over 8lb. I’d have had this were it not for my recent purchase - GLWTS - looks lovely!

On 01/06/2023 at 07:27, StuarDaddy said:

I will weigh it when I get back home later. Can't believe I left that off.🤦‍♂️

Did you? 🤣

I'm seriously interested, mate, but I have back and shoulder issues, so have to be a bit cautious about weight.