Why become a member? ×

EUB flight case - can anyone lend/rent?

Hi all. You may have seen my recent post detailing all the gear I had stolen recently. Bad times. Realise now that even if I replace by NS design CR5M I lost my custom flight case for it too. Been in touch with flightcase warehouse and swan cases who have quoted 13 weeks and 35 working days respectively. I have Euro shows booked in about 4 weeks :(

Does anyone here have a roughly suitable flightcase (dimensions are 140x25x25 but can be padded out if bigger) they arent using or would be willing to hire out? maybe its gathering dust in the shed or the loft and you wouldn't miss it for a few weeks this summer? Happy to come pick up and pay for the rental.

It's a long shot but if anyone can help you would be an absolute life saver!!

Apologies if this doesn't help much @BassInMyFace but perhaps check out sports gear cases on eBay, I bought - IIRC - a hard case for golf clubs for my old Yammie SLB 200 a few years back at about 10% of the cost of a similar case from a music gear supplier. Also there are a few drum/mic-stand cases that will also do the job that can also be picked up at low cost used.

Sorry to hear about your gear, just bumped into my neighbour who had all his professional GPS gear (a lot of it) stolen from his property last night, like you it's not just the insult of the theft itself, it's the threat to livelihood as well :( 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Apologies if this doesn't help much @BassInMyFace but perhaps check out sports gear cases on eBay, I bought - IIRC - a hard case for golf clubs for my old Yammie SLB 200 a few years back at about 10% of the cost of a similar case from a music gear supplier. Also there are a few drum/mic-stand cases that will also do the job that can also be picked up at low cost used.

Sorry to hear about your gear, just bumped into my neighbour who had all his professional GPS gear (a lot of it) stolen from his property last night, like you it's not just the insult of the theft itself, it's the threat to livelihood as well :( 

this is very interesting. Had not considered other 2nd hand options. top tip, cheers

I remember about 5 years ago when I dropped my NXT5 after the strap broke on the supplied gigbag and was whingeing to the guy at Bass Direct about how poorly made the long strap fixing was at the time.

He mentioned he had seen people using a case designed for skis (think he said it was hard plastic).

I asked him to send me a link to one but I never heard and stopped gigging it for a few years after that so wasn't really a problem for me any more (once i had got a new bag).

I wonder if that is also worth looking into?

Edited by Huge Hands

20 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

I remember about 5 years ago when I dropped my NXT5 after the strap broke on the supplied gigbag and was whingeing to the guy at Bass Direct about how poorly made the long strap fixing was at the time.

He mentioned he had seen people using a case designed for skis (think he said it was hard plastic).

I asked him to send me a link to one but I never heard and stopped gigging it for a few years after that so wasn't really a problem for me any more (once i had got a new bag).

I wonder if that is also worth looking into?

Sports gear requires some interesting cases, try flying with a javelin :) 

For my money a length of HD PVC pipe with screw on cap fitted on one end would do the job for less than any sports case.

Why does a case for a bass cost so much more than almost identical case for a ski set? You'd think there exists enough competition to drive sourcing them from the same maker at roughly the same retail price.