Why become a member? ×

If only it was headless...

He's quite open about what you get ( see below) and whilst they may not be aesthetically pleasing to all eyes, I checked and there is only 1 bad review.... I'd rather buy one of these than one of our favourite UK Luthiers bitsa b/s creations!

A) I do make these, by myself. Each one is a little different. 

B) The finish is rough. A fine finish takes more time than building the instrument, and does not add to the tone. There is a whole crew of Wishbass Enthusiasts that refinish my basses. It just takes, time, sandpaper, and some Tru-oil. Ten Dollars and elbow grease. 

C) There are no truss rods. The necks are very stiff, due to the Purpleheart stringers. They are also a bit larger than usual. I find that a fat neck decreases the chance of carpal tunnel syndrome. You adjust the action by shimming under the bridge, it is not glued down. I set the action as low as possible, it is easier to raise the action than to lower it. To do that, simply file the bridge. 

D) I try to use domestic and renewable woods. Occasionally i have exotic wood left over from a custom order and use that. 

E) I do take custom orders, but not over eBay Messenger. Wishbass is unique.

• Like 1