Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Element question

krispn

So can you run a non effected ‘thru’ using the 1/4” I/O’s so you have no cab sim affecting the signal to the amp. I understand I might be a bit night shift addled but I couldn’t find a direct mention to this in the DG info. Now I realise as soon as I commit this to the annals of time on the internet someone will post a direct quote form DG where it states this but I know they only made third party IR’s compatible in a previous update. 

Anyone using the Element this way or know if it can? 

Thanks 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

I dunno hence the question. You being sure isn’t quiet worth a £150 punt 😀

Joking aside it makes total sense that it would but I’d like to hear it confirmed before making a purchase. 

I’ve run my Element directly into a Fender Rumble as it’s the last pedal on my board (and used for headphone practice when I’m not using an amp). I didn’t have IRs on when I used it like that but can’t say what they’d do if engaged (maybe applying to XLR only?). I asked DG a couple of times about running into an amp as there are some funny rules about wattage etc. If I recall correctly the in cable goes in the bottom 1/4 in, and the cable to amp from the upper 1/4 out.

• Like 1

Yeah I was always keen to try one but since they’ve introduced 3rd party ir’s it’s become much more appealing. Plus no buttons is always a great thing when on a live gigging board. My singer/guitarist always manages to move something during our set up. Every stinking time!

• Like 1

The Element is one of the most useful pedals I’ve used and, because of that, I have three of them on different boards, including one that is just the Element and an HX Stomp. I find the ability to Bluetooth in music to practice too and the XLR out extremely useful at the end of a chain. I’ve got an ADAM too with similar functionality but the Element is the pedal that gets the most use.

• 7 months later...