Why become a member? ×

NPD - Montreal Assembly PURPLL

pantherairsoft

Super excited to have this land today. Montreal Assembly PURPLL (but in white, not purple).

PLL madness with a scary amount of control. It only landed an hour ago, so the jury is still out, but so far.... DAMN! This thing is a noise-makers dream come true. Given the way I approach bass playing and soundscape creation, I am pretty sure I'm going to be giving this beauty some serious love!

Any other owners/users around BC?

IMG_6596.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I know nothing about this pedal. Tell me more 

It’s a PLL.

A good description from Broughton Audio, who make a pretty accessible PLL: 

“PLL stands for Phase Locked Loop. In short, it is an analog synthesizer with three channels: Square Wave, Multiplier, and Divider.

The pedal operates by taking your input signal and applying a massive amount of gain to make it essentially a square wave signal.”

You basically have three voices you can blend together (or just use one or two of them), with two of them being a multiplication or division of the core frequency. Any of all of the voices can be modulated with an LFO, and various other processing can be applied as well, such looping the last thing played anytime you stop to crest a drone that always changes, or just activate a drone tone and play the pedal, rather than the input signal.

Overall you get utter sonic chaos. It’s abrasive and nasty, but also has some elements of old school synth tones.

I’m very impressed with what it can do and feel like it’s going to give me a lifetime of knob tweaking.

Here is an example:

Edited by pantherairsoft
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pantherairsoft said:

It’s a PLL.

A good description from Broughton Audio, who make a pretty accessible PLL: 

“PLL stands for Phase Locked Loop. In short, it is an analog synthesizer with three channels: Square Wave, Multiplier, and Divider.

The pedal operates by taking your input signal and applying a massive amount of gain to make it essentially a square wave signal.”

You basically have three voices you can blend together (or just use one or two of them), with two of them being a multiplication or division of the core frequency. Any of all of the voices can be modulated with an LFO, and various other processing can be applied as well, such looping the last thing played anytime you stop to crest a drone that always changes, or just activate a drone tone and play the pedal, rather than the input signal.

Overall you get utter sonic chaos. It’s abrasive and nasty, but also has some elements of old school synth tones.

I’m very impressed with what it can do and feel like it’s going to give me a lifetime of knob tweaking.

Here is an example:

Great thanks. Sounds wonderful 

• Like 1