Why become a member? ×

How much of this is true?

TheGreek

On 15/04/2023 at 11:07, ezbass said:

There will be bleeding from orifices.

And an ache in the pelvic region! 😃

I used to love their live versions of this.

Back to the original topic - if I play a lower mid heavy bass solo, will that free me of fear and guilt and ultimately lead to a longer bass solo - with all the vicious circle implications that generates. 🤣

• Like 1

2-10 Hz
An experiment with 25 subjects reported a subjective “feeling of body sway” when exposed to 2-10 Hz tones above 130 dB, with the effect most pronounced at 7 Hz. Vertical Nystagmus (involuntary movement of the eye) was also reported. Another test that exposed subjects to 5-10 Hz tones at 150 dB reported nostril vibration. One tester subjected ten normal hearing and ten deaf participants to a 6 Hz tone at 115 dB for 20 minutes and found changes in EEG patterns (described as ‘diminished wakefulness) in the hearing participants accompanied by changes in pulse and blood pressure. However these effects were not found in the deaf subjects. Other tests in the 5-10 Hz range found decreased respiration, depressed blood flow in the brain, and changes in pulse and blood pressure. Subjective complaints of testing in this frequency band included body vibrations, pressure in the ear, and an inability to concentrate.

10-20 Hz
A test conducted on four participants found abdominal wall vibrations for a 10-20 Hz narrow band noise at 150-154 dB. Another test found chest and abdominal vibrations from 4-20 Hz at 132 dB and above. One study conducted by the Air Force found the resonant frequency of the eyeball to be 18 Hz. It has been suggested that sound pressures at sufficient levels at the resonant frequency of the eye can cause visual disturbances, and that locations that have sound emissions at this frequency can sometimes be mistaken for being ‘haunted’ for this reason. In another test, a 17 Hz tone was shown to cause anxiety in some people when it was used as an undertone in a concert performance against a control performance that did not have the undertone. As with the resonant frequency of the eyeball, it was speculated that locations with sound emissions at this frequency might cause some to feel they are ‘haunted.’

There’s an oft sited story that pops up whenever anyone claims that multiple people seeing ghosts in the same place, is proof of ghosts… I’m not going to get all the details right…

There was a factory (I think) that had many people claiming that it was haunted, they were all seeing ghosts and stuff they couldn’t explain. In the end, it turned out to be a dodgy cooling fan (or something), that was vibrating at the same frequency that causes eyes to vibrate. Once they fixed the fan, the ghosts all left. Perhaps it was too cold for them…

These are called the Solfeggio frequencies. While I can't claim how effective they are, it's interesting that we all have favourite music which we "resonate" with. It's is nothing more than combinations of frequencies and waveforms all of which can be measured. One's personal, emotional reaction to it can't... I would call music a true metaphysical phenomena.

Edited by Bleat