Why become a member? ×

Warwick thumb bass advice

horrorshowbass

3 hours ago, tvickey said:

I'd been looking for the right Thumb NT5 for a while now, and then I found this... 2016 Masterbuilt with bubinga, wenge and ebony.  It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday coming from Pau, France.

Warwick_Thumb_NT5_1.jpeg

Warwick_Thumb_NT5_2.jpeg

Warwick_Thumb_NT5_3.jpeg

Drop dead gorgeous figuring!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tvickey said:

I'd been looking for the right Thumb NT5 for a while now, and then I found this... 2016 Masterbuilt with bubinga, wenge and ebony.  It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday coming from Pau, France.

Warwick_Thumb_NT5_1.jpeg

Warwick_Thumb_NT5_2.jpeg

Warwick_Thumb_NT5_3.jpeg

This your first Masterbuilt Warwick?  If so you're in for a treat, they're phenomenal instruments and, in my most humble opinion, completely put to bed the idea that the old ones are the best!  Only thing I don't like is the rechargeable preamp, but thankfully there should be a regular 9v adapter in the kit pack so you can change it if you want.

Beautiful bass, congrats!

6 hours ago, Kev said:

This your first Masterbuilt Warwick? 

No, this will be my third Masterbuilt...  I still have the NT4 that I got from you.  I posted a photo on this thread some months back... it's a studio queen now, and I changed it from BEAD to EADG. ;)  So, this NT5 will give me a low-B on a Thumb once again... and I probably won't gig it either due to the weight but let's see.

Warwick_Thumb_NT_4-string_BEAD_2017.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tvickey said:

No, this will be my third Masterbuilt...  I still have the NT4 that I got from you.  I posted a photo on this thread some months back... it's a studio queen now, and I changed it from BEAD to EADG. ;)  So, this NT5 will give me a low-B on a Thumb once again... and I probably won't gig it either due to the weight but let's see.

Warwick_Thumb_NT_4-string_BEAD_2017.jpeg

Well I feel silly now!!  Haha sorry I didn't recognise the username bud, glad that bass is still with you!  Still can't get over the grain on it :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1