Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic Series 50's Precision Bass - Fiesta Red
£600
London

FretlessKing

I'm selling my 2013 Fender Classic Series Precision Bass in Fiesta Red with Gold Anodised pickguard (made in Mexico). I've owned from new since early 2014. This line of basses is now called the Vintera series I believe.

The bass plays beautifully and sounds great, and only selling to slim down collection to fund other projects - although if you have a Fender Mustang bass for trade I could be tempted. The vintage neck profile and action feel great to play.

Original electronics and hardware, all modelled of 50's style parts.

There is a 'ding' on the front of the bass that was caused by a belt buckle. There are also a few small marks on the side by the bottom strap button. I've tried to show these in the pictures. That being said, Precisions only get better looking with age and wear eh?

This bass was only ever a backup instrument during the time I've owned it, so is in very good condition apart from these marks.

I'm based in Camden, North London. I could meet somewhere within London, but I'm not willing to post i'm afraid. Does not come with a gig bag.

Any questions let me know.

P1.jpeg

P2.jpeg

P3.jpeg

P4.jpeg

P5.jpeg

P6.jpeg

P7.jpeg

P8.jpeg

P9.jpeg

• Like 9

I own exactly the same model. The build-quality of these are one of the best MiM P-Basses Fender built over the last years. The fretwork is flawless and you can achieve a really low action if needed. The neck is perfectly finished and feels great, but it's the fattest neck I know. The neck-body fitting is superb. And last but not least the tone of these basses is just phenomenal. If you are looking for a classic growling Precision-tone and great dynamics, this is it. Gotta say, this one rivals the US made instruments any day in terms of quality and sound. Really a bargain at this pricepoint.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Like @GoodOlJohnson, I also have one of these (swapped my Scratchplate for a Tort one, but other wise identical).
I absolutely agree 100% that it's probably the best Fender to come out of Mexico - alongside the Roadworn series.
The sound is absolutely killer P bass sound, with huge low-end tones, and lovely, good old P bass grunt with classic sounding mids & highs.
I've owned several Precisions over the years, and my MIM Classic 50's has been my fave - even above a lovely Oly White US one, my old Roadworn, and more recently my early Squier CV.

Plus, the colour on these is my fave Fiesta Red. It's also pretty lightweight, at a shade under 4kg, and the neck feels lovely & smooth. I'm not usually a fan of chunky necks, and this one is wide, but fairly shallow. I did try a couple of other Fender necks on it - just as an experiment in how it feels and sounds. And though the stock neck was a tad wider than the other necks.... it was still the winner for me in terms of just how great the bass sounds. That surprised me, as I was always a bit skeptical about neck dimensions & wood types - but I was won over by the neck on this beastie.

Apologies to the seller, for blabbering on about these basses ;) but if you're after a superb, top-notch P bass, and one that rivals more expensive instruments - then give this one a whirl!
(I don'r know the seller BTW)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...