Why become a member? ×

Ale Antia 5 string chambered bass 32"
£1350
Newbury

deepbass5

Reduced again to £1100 collected

For sale only – Ale Antia - 5 string 32” scale.

From the Luthiers site      https://aleguitarsluthier.wordpress.com/basses/antia-bass-32-olive-top/

A fantastic piece of craftsmanship with great sustain and a wonderful organic fundamental tone.

When I purchased the bass, It was strung  E < C   I fitted a custom set of Newtone strings, I used it like this for a year and then ordered another set B < G . currently back to E -- C  . Both work well on the bass with very little adjustment, both sets will be supplied with the bass.

The Richter  pre-Amp is very clever and frequency centers are spot on to be really useful live.

Front to rear   1. Volume, with pull to go passive. 2. Blend Mag/Piezo.  3. Passive Tone (only works with 1 pulled). 4. Bass/treble boost but is flat with center pulled so you can pre-set levels for a solo passage by pushing in.  5. Mid cut, right where it matters.

The action is low and fast, with flat neck profile front to rear.

The bass is in excellent order with the normal play wear expected  9.5 /10.  The Bass will come with Hiscox case and strap. The Aguilar mag pup has an Olive ramp which I currently have off.  I have included some photos from the previous owner due to better camera detail.  Prefer pickup and a chat here in West Berkshire but will send within UK. will also meet up within 40 mile radius.

The bridge is an ETS bridge and currently set to 18mm the link above says different.

Please PM me with any questions.

Weight is 8lb 4 oz kitchen scales

Ale3.jpg

Ale4.jpg

Ale8.jpg

IMG_6558.JPG

IMG_6560.JPG

IMG_6561.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6570.JPG

Edited by deepbass5
detail added
  • Like 28

Thanks for all your "likes" this is without doubt the best constructed and best sounding bass I have owned. But just 2" short for me to feel comfortable. Great for Jazz, chords, tapping and noodling J.S.Bach.  😘

Edited by deepbass5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys n Gals,

I was hoping to sell this bass into our community but still here obviously, this is my last bump before removal and then it will probably go to a store next month which will inevitably put the price up £250 due to commission. 

This bass I believe is worth £2k second hand, and a bargain at £1100. IMO 😇  having owned a few chambered basses including Rob Allen mb-2,  Status Electro etc, this is by far the most versatile bass with best tone I have owned.   PM me if wavering 🙂 

Reason for sale too many Fives and now only playing 4's

Thanks for looking

Ale1.jpg.890492d78049060403d8202bc2a405f1.jpg

Edited by deepbass5
words added
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Despite my last post, the bass is still here. I haven't got to a store with it so open to offers and trades. A Maple board 4 string P - P/J  ?  try me.

Edited by deepbass5