Why become a member? ×

Lined Fretless musicman stingray neck. Wenge board. Reduced to £220.
£350
Surrey

Hi chaps,

Up for grabs is my custom made fretless neck for a stingray/sterling.

It was built in Italy and was a very difficult process to get it here. But the project has been abandoned so its up for sale.

The neck is made from a lovely dark wood called niangon. The fretboard is made from wenge. It's really well made and brand new. 

The neck is slightly longer than my stock stingray neck and appears to be 1 fret more. The base of the neck block is about 3-4mm wider than they stingrays aswell and 3-4mm taller. So a small amount of work Is needed to make it fit. 

The headstock has a slightly smaller size then standard rays but exactly the same shape, and actually looks better than the stock ray. 

With import duty and hipshots it owes me a chunk. But willing to let it go to someone who can see it through to being on a body. 

Screenshot_20221228_172634_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20221228_172628_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20221228_172658_eBay.jpg

Edited by reggieboomboom
Reduced to £220 without tuners.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Beedster said:

The sort of part that rather than attaching to a bass you already have makes you want to buy it and then buy the rest of the parts! Beautiful piece of bass architecture there :)

I thought that was just me. 

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2023 at 07:53, Beedster said:

Here we go.....

@reggieboomboom could you provide precise dimensions for the heel, I have a body that might suit this neck very nicely :) 

Cheers

Chris

@Owen what were the chances eh :) 

Morning mate, so the heel width at its widest is 64mm, middle Is 62mm and top of heel 60mm. 

20230318_084718.jpg

20230318_084725.jpg

20230318_084733.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • reggieboomboom changed the title to Lined Fretless musicman stingray neck. Wenge board with hipshot tuners. Reduced to £300.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 07:43, reggieboomboom said:

I agree, I think you should 😀. The same company do make bodies to suit the neck, in the pre Ernie shape. It was no easy task dealing with them in Italian but the quality was worth it. I can send a link if anyone wants to do it

Hi Chris, can you send me the link please

Hi Brian. 

Ebay for some reason won't share the link. But screenshot below. He says he no longer ships to the UK. But I'm sure if you message he will. We had all sorts of issues getting the neck to the UK. In the end it was because he never sent me a link to pay customs! 

Screenshot_20230607_131632_eBay.jpg

On 07/06/2023 at 13:18, reggieboomboom said:

Hi Brian. 

Ebay for some reason won't share the link. But screenshot below. He says he no longer ships to the UK. But I'm sure if you message he will. We had all sorts of issues getting the neck to the UK. In the end it was because he never sent me a link to pay customs! 

Screenshot_20230607_131632_eBay.jpg

Thanks Chris, I will give it a go...

• reggieboomboom changed the title to Lined Fretless musicman stingray neck. Wenge board. Reduced to £220.