Why become a member? ×

Double NAD!

binky_bass

Oh dude these are both AWESOME! 

I love the Purple Chilli, can we get specs? Maybe some sound clips! Mike Walsh built right?

Also can I be in line to be the next owner when your back goes, cheers haha 🥴 (seriously I wanna buy it when you are done ahha)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greentext said:

Oh dude these are both AWESOME! 

I love the Purple Chilli, can we get specs? Maybe some sound clips! Mike Walsh built right?

Also can I be in line to be the next owner when your back goes, cheers haha 🥴 (seriously I wanna buy it when you are done ahha)

@Cosmicrain A.K.A Mr Walsh did indeed build the Purple Chili rig. Only given it a quick test blast but it does sound pretty epic. It has a 750w class-D power section and a valve pre-section.

Words from Mike:

"I only made about eight heads, some were 450W and some were the 750W. They had hand wired point to point valve preamp boards based on the Trace Elliot V6/V8 preamps and the married to Digital power amp. They were extremally expensive to make and I only made a very low profit margin on them. Eventually I stopped making them for that reason. The cabs were made for Chris Chitticks (he worked for me at the time) this cab was indeed fitted with Celestions."

• Like 1

I have to admit that I'm glad that I don't have to lift those amps though the Class D, which is not in anyway 'Digital', is going to be much lighter.

That being said, I hope you derive much pleasure from using them. :D

Edited by BassmanPaul